1.

Fuck.

Jimin put his hand over his stomach feeling the queasiness spread all over him. He swallowed the thick gulp of saliva that was threatening to come up along with his previous cup of coffee.

It was a hot humid morning with the sun bright in the sky. Though it was in the seventies, Jimin was shivering through his scrubs.

He thought passing medical school was hard. No, this was harder. The building was so intimidatingly high that it made him feel so insignificantly small.

It wasn't until a bright pair of blue scrubs caught his eye from the side that he turned around. A medium height man—a little taller than him—was standing right beside him.

His mouth was moving incredibly fast and he seemed way too eager about whatever he talked about. The name tag on his chest was moving along with his heavy breathing.

Jeon Jungkook. That's what it read. His hair was a shaggy black curly mess and his smile was super vibrant.

"Hey? Are you listening to me?" He asked, tapping his shoulder.

Jimin snapped out of it. Had this man been talking to him the whole time?

"Huh? Sorry. I—I—uhh—"

"You're an intern too huh? What speciality are you interested in? I want to do plastic surgery. Reconstructing bodies is so exciting." He blabbed.

"Jungkook, stop bugging people."

A tall man behind him said. Jimin looked up at him, brown hair, glasses and so professionally looking. He definitely looked like a surgeon.

"I wasn't even—"

"Come on. We're going to be late." The tall one said walking away.

Jungkook sighed and gave Jimin a smile following behind. That's when he noticed that all the intern students were heading in.

The queasiness returned as he took a step. His mind raced and his heart thumped loudly in his ears. He kept telling himself that the hard part was over, the schooling, the reading, the graduating.

But, instead here he was on his sixth month of internship starting at a new hospital with new interns. The exposure was good, very helpful for his future career as a surgeon.

And yet, it was frightening to be thrown into the unknown by your teacher. Almost like being betrayed by the person you idolized.

It was ridiculous to think that he would be able to stay in his comfort box with his career choice. The only thing that was comforting was knowing that he felt this same way six months ago when he did his internship at the hospital.

Over the weeks he got more comfortable with it. At least now he had some sort of experience and kind of knew what to expect in the hectic environment.

The inside of the Medica Zone was just as intimidating as the outside. He looked around and noticed patients walking by, nurses, doctors mixed in the crowd.

Suddenly, he spotted the cheerful guy who had spoken to him before and he cleared his throat pushing down the nausea. He rushed to catch up to him.

If he was basically starting over he might as well get to know the other interns. At the last hospital he was, they were not friendly at all.

"Hey! Sorry, I, uh, I'm Jimin. I was kind of zoned out a while ago. First day nevera I suppose." He laughed.

Jungkook turned around and gave him a welcoming smile. "I figured. Are you a brand new intern?"