11.

"I respectfully don't want to be your friend." Jungkook said as Taehyung blankly stared at him.

"I said respectfully!" He quickly added.

"Oh boo-boo. I'm so heartbroken! Who says I want to be your friend anyways? Anyone who doesn't think cutting into skulls is great is no friend of mine."

"Dr. Kim, I'm trying to maturely speak to you."

"Uh huh. Maturely," he said leaning back on his chair.

"I guess what I'm trying to say is that I appreciated you teaching me. This whole month has flown by and I have learned to enjoy neurosurgery and cutting into brains. I really hope that you now assign me to a resident that has my preferred specialty."

Taehyung put the pen between his lips as he smirked. Jungkook straightened up, not used to seeing him smiling. In fact, the times he had been shadowing him he had seen him smiling a total of three times. All of them when he was about to ruin Jungkook's mood.

"Dr. Min wants to extend the first rotation."

Jungkook's mouth dropped open, "Wait, wait, wait. What? Extending rotation? What does that mean?

"Do you need to clean your ears Dr. Jeon? I said—"

"But why? When did this happen? I—I thought—"

"You thought wrong. Looks like you're stuck with me until further notice." He said with a grin.

Jungkook frowned, closing his eyes while mumbling angrily at himself. Taehyung stood in front of him catching the younger off guard once he reopened his eyes.

"Personal space." Jungkook said, stepping away. Taehyung chuckled. Even his laugh was deep.

"Come on. Being stuck with me can't be that bad."

"It must be a mistake."

"I make no mistakes Dr. Jeon."

Jungkook put his hand against his mouth. "I think I'm going to be sick."

Taehyung pulled out a pink tablet wrapped in a clear package. He handed it to him and Jungkook took it while examining the tablet.

"It's a chewable Pepto Bismol. Would you like for me to open it for you?" He asked with a teasing hint in his voice.  

"No. I'm perfectly fine." Jungkook ignored the acceleration of his senses and he quickly walked out of the room.

He held his clipboard tighter to his chest as he stormed off to check on his current patient. Being stuck with Taehyung was definitely the worst thing in the world.

So why was his heart racing at the thought of seeing him everyday?

•••

"Jimin, why are you still eating jelly beans?" Jungkook asked. The slight irritation of his voice wasn't directed at him. It was the whole "stuck with your resident until further notice".

"I can't get him out of my head. Every time I see him I want to kiss him!"

"I can understand that feeling."

Both Jungkook and him flinched at the unfamiliar voice. They turned around to spot one of the interns, Vernon, standing almost beside them.

"Gosh. You scared me. Are you still crushing on Namjoon? You know that boy has no feelings. Don't waste your time." Jungkook said.

Jimin's eyes widened at the horrific words his friend was saying. He kept wondering when he would be told the same thing.

"Don't worry. We know each other. Dr. Kim and Dr. Nakamoto seem to always be talking in the hallways and we tend to spend lots of time together. Being stuck here for literal days makes you so much closer to the interns."