10.

"How is this suppose to make me feel better? Isn't this the bar where we saw them last?" Jimin asked, popping a jelly bean in his mouth.

"Yeah so what? They can't tell us where we can go or not." Jungkook said agitated.

Finally being off Dr. Kim's shift made him rebellious. And he wanted to drink, drink so much he would be hungover at his next shift.

"It will probably be better to address the issue outside of work. Have you even talked to him?" Namjoon asked as he scooted past a talkative crowd.

Jimin's heart raced rapidly against his chest as they got closer to the bar. He let out a relieved breath when he realized that the three men weren't there.

They took a seat on the stools and he continued eating. "No. I mean I have, but I haven't made eye contact and our conversations are short. We removed an appendix earlier today and I didn't say shit throughout the whole thing."

"I need a drink." Jungkook sighed, rubbing his temples. "And you need to talk to Yoongi." He said, turning his face towards him.

"I'm just going to ignore it and hope that one day that he gets amnesia from that night. I wish I could forget that night."

"That's not going to happen. You need to speak to him urgently. At this rate, your ass won't fit in your jeans."

"My ass is perfectly fine and it will fit in my jeans."

Jungkook shook his head no and Jimin clicked his tongue in disbelief. "Have I really been eating that much?"

"Yes and if your ass doesn't get bigger this will give you new onset diabetes. I mean look at me, I talked to Dr. Kim even after he caught me talking shit." Jungkook said proudly.

"I didn't bring up the sex thing to my resident. He keeps making weird jokes that I do not find amusing. Something tells me he's very immature." Namjoon added.

"Pretty boy! Can I get a shot of that." Jungkook asked enthusiastically while pointing to a clear bottle. He handed the bartender his card so he could hold it.

The bartender served him a shot and he took it like it was water. It didn't even burn. It had to be the surgeon's life.

"Do you guys want one?" Jungkook asked.

"I'm good. I want to go play pool though."

"Let's go. Jimin, are you coming?"

"I'll stay here for a bit. My stomach doesn't feel too great." He said while holding it.

"Alright. We will be at the pool table if you need anything."

Jimin nodded while his two friends walked away. He tapped his fingers against the table as his stomach digested the fifth bag of jelly beans in less than a day.

Maybe his friends were right and he had to speak to Yoongi ASAP to prevent cavities and doubling up on his jeans size. 

"Do you want something to drink?" The bartender asked.

"Yeah. Can I just have some orange juice?"

"Uhh...we don't have that. We have Coke." He was a little confused at his choice.

"Sure. I guess I can take that."

Twenty seconds later, he was back with a glass of Coke. Jimin thanked him after paying for the one glass of Coke.

He was sitting down sipping it not enjoying the harsh acidic feeling going down his throat. At one point he sipped a little too much and got a brain freeze when suddenly a person sat next to him.

As soon as Jimin looked at who was next to him he went back to drinking. A brain freeze was better than to look him in the eyes. Maybe he'd pass out from his coldness.

"Hey Yoongi! The usual?" The chatty bartender asked.

"Hey Taeyong. Yes. Here's my card." Yoongi replied.

By now Jimin was done with the Coke. He was sipping the last of the drink making a weird slurping noise, but luckily the bar was so loud it wasn't as obvious.

"Would you like another one?" Taeyong asked as soon as he handed Yoongi his drink.

"I...do you have a bigger cup size? Like, a really big one. Or even better, a two liter Coke?"

"No. This is the biggest cup size we have and we don't sell two liter Coke's."

"Ahh. Okay. Umm, I'm fine. I really don't need anymore." He mumbled feeling the acidic soda bubbling his stomach.

Jimin kept staring at the table while he fidgeted with his hands. He could feel Yoongi staring and it was making him more nervous.

His body betrayed him and he finally looked up. They met eyes for a split second and Jimin felt like his heart could explode. The room started spinning making him lightheaded.

He had to break eye contact otherwise he'd puke. Chugging down the dark soda has been a bad idea. Along with the endless bags of candy.

He hopped off the stool and quickly made his way outside. The dark starry night calmed him down a little and the air seemed to be cooler outside.

"Jimin?"

"Ahh!" He screamed, putting his hands up in the sky.

"Sorry. I didn't mean to startle you. Are you okay?"

Jimin put hand over his chest and nodded dramatically. "Yes! Of course. Why—why wouldn't I be?"

"For starters, you looked like you were going to puke when you looked at me."

"I—I'm fine. I just have an upset stomach." He awkwardly smiled.

"Jimin, I'm sorry. I need to apologize for what happened."

"No, no! Dr. Min, you don't have to apologize for anything. I'm the one that's sorry. I'm sorry for—well for everything. How about we forget everything that happened and start over a new leaf?" He offered, still with a very awkward smile.

Yoongi sighed, "We need to talk about it,"

"Oh God..." Jimin whispered while reaching into his pocket which was conveniently filled with jelly beans.

"I think you misinterpreted my actions. I guess I should've specified my intentions with you.  I'm not going to lie, at first I didn't know what I wanted us to be. Until this day I'm not even sure why I asked for your number and...Jimin why are you eating so many jelly beans?" Yoongi asked. He had attempted to ignore it, but he was chewing them loudly.

"I'm nervous." He mumbled.

"There's no need to be nervous. What I'm trying to say is that we should stick to being friends."

"Friends?" Jimin asked as he stopped chewing. His heart suddenly felt like it was sinking. It was ridiculous to get his feelings hurt over this. He had only known him for a few weeks.

And yet, the illusive idea of them ever being something more than resident and intern flooded his brain. Because at times when Yoongi looked at him it made him think that he felt the same too.

Had he simply imagined it all?

"Yeah, a new leaf like you said. So, friends?"

Jimin looked at his extended hand ready to make amends. With one hand in his pocket to grab a handful of jelly beans and the other reaching over to shake his hand, he swallowed his emotions and shook it.

"Friends."