8.

"Dr. Min, what is this room?" Jimin asked, a bit hesitant. It had dim lighting, the walls were a dark grey which made it look smaller than it really was, and there was a ton of old medical equipment.

In fact, Jimin had never been on this floor. He spent much of his time in the emergency and surgery rooms. His shift was over and although he knew he was tired, he completely overlooked it.

Being alone with Yoongi in a dark room at five in the morning wasn't exactly making him sleepy. His heart was racing like he was about to start surgery. His palms were sweaty and his stomach felt uneasy.

It could've been the fact that he had only had a few bites of food throughout the forty-eight hours. Or the fact that he had slept a total of six hours the whole shift and it was small naps.

Either way, Yoongi added to this uneasy feeling. Jimin couldn't tell what his intentions were. They spent so much time together and half of the time he was ignored.

Not in the sense of participating in surgeries or anything like that. Yoongi just looked at him like any other intern. Then, when they were alone he treated him differently.

Hell, he even looked at him differently. Or maybe he was misinterpreting. Jimin had never been good at reading signs. So he couldn't tell if Yoongi was flirting with him or if he was simply trying to help him be a better surgeon.

Why would Min Yoongi be willing to help him learn after his shift was over? It didn't make sense. He had to have a life outside of here. At least that's what Jimin imagined.

There was no way in hell a man like him didn't have a family.  A girlfriend, a boyfriend, or a spouse. Maybe even children.

A deep disappointment fell over Jimin as his mind kept spiraling. He quickly shook off those thoughts and focused on gathering all the knowledge he could.

"It's an old storage room. The room next to us is a morgue." Yoongi said, pulling out an old patient bed.

"Oh. Lovely." Jimin commented as he scanned the room once more. A cold shiver went down his spine as he processed what Yoongi had said before.

"So, what exactly do you want to learn?"

"Well, everything you can teach me. I'm clearly still inexperienced. I want to be able to pass my exam at the end of the year and become a resident."

Yoongi hummed as he tested against the wall. He tapped his chin with his fingers and finally walked a few steps to pat the old patient bed.

"Lay down."

Jimin felt a rush of emotion pulsing through. He swallowed it down nervously and looked at his pale hand on the bed.

"Dr. Park, I won't bite." He said after a moment of silence.

Jimin nervously laid down and focused on the ceiling. The bed was hard and not too comfortable, but he could easily fall asleep if he truly committed to it.

"Alright Dr. Park, let's go over the gallbladder surgery we did today."

Jimin nodded slowly, still focusing on the white ceiling above him. Yoongi leaned in closer, close enough that the nervous intern could smell his scent.

"Can I touch you?" He whispered quietly.

To this Jimin turned to look at him. The blush creeped up his neck, warming up his whole body. It only worsened when he pictured how flustered he looked.

"Uhh..."

"So I can show you exactly where to the incision is exactly." He added.

"Okay. Yeah. That's...that's fine." Jimin responded, avoiding all eye contact.