6.

"Ahhh. Another day, another tumor. Sooo basic." Taehyung said sarcastically, staring at his computer screen.

Jungkook quietly sighed and stood behind his resident. He stared through the clear window at the MRI machine that their patient happened to be in.

"Why remove a tumor when you can reconstruct a nose? Nothing beats reconstructing a nose!" He added throwing his hands in the air.

Jungkook bit his tongue to not snap at him. Since his last comment about plastic surgery, he'd been hearing the smart remarks about it. To be so educated and older, Taehyung was very immature.

"Because you can live without a brain surgery and not without a nose surgery!"

"Okay Dr. Kim. Isn't this a bit childish?" Jungkook asked, standing next to him.

"Childish? I'm the childish one?" He replied, pointing to himself.

"With all your respect sir, you've been throwing little remarks at me the whole day. I'm sorry if I offended your specialty, but my passion is plastic surgery."

"Oh Jungcook you did offend my speciality big time."

"It's Jungkook, not cook." He responded offended.

They were too busy bickering; they didn't notice the nurse standing by the door trying to get their attention. "Excuse me...Dr. Kim...Dr. Jeon..."

"Ahh. Did that offend you? I wasn't trying to."

"Agh! Dr. Kim do we really have to do this? You're way more experienced than I am so why did my comment even offend you?"

"Because brains are cool!" He argued getting up from his seat.

"You sound just like Namjoon. Brains are cool. Brains are the coolest organ—"

"It is! I don't even know this Namjoon but he sounds amazing. Maybe you should learn a thing or two from him."

"Maybe you should learn to not be such an—"

"Doctors!" The nurse screamed.

They turned around embarrassed as they suddenly realized the nurse had been there the whole time. "Your patient is ready for the surgery. It's still happening isn't it?"

Taehyung cleared his throat adjusting his collar. He couldn't believe an arrogant intern had gotten under his skin.

"Of course. Are you going to assist me Dr. Cook? Or would you rather sit around doing nothing?"

Jungkook made a fist with his hands annoyed, "I can assist Dr. Kim." He mumbled through his gritted teeth.

"Great." Taehyung was clearly not enthusiastic.

Jungkook followed him to the surgery to wash his hands extensively. When he looked through the glass and saw the patient lying on the table surrounded by the medical staff he suddenly forgot the fight.

His heart pounded against his chest like a rabbit on the run. After gearing up with a gown and a mask, they entered the sterile field.

Jungkook was across from Taehyung who closed his eyes briefly and took a deep breath. He watched carefully as his resident crossed both of his pointer and middle fingers in the air.

"I will successfully remove the whole tumor with no complication in three hours." He spoke out loud and then held his breath.

Jungkook looked around the room confused, waiting for someone to explain. "It's a ritual he does before every surgery." The anesthesiologist whispered to him.