42.

"Do you feel nervous about your test? Is that why you're so green?" A concerned Jin asked. He reached over to touch Namjoon's forehead to make sure he didn't have a fever.

Namjoon had the tendency to push himself to inhuman lengths. All because he was motivated to be the very best at what he did.

The exam had been earlier that morning and since then he hadn't spoken a word. At the moment, Namjoon looked so sick Jin thought he'd puke right then and there.

Namjoon shook his head, swallowing down the vomit that was threatening to come up. Jin panicked even more.

"What's wrong then? Are you hungry? Was it that sandwich I made you? I knew that lettuce looked fucked up!"

"No, no. It's not that." He finally managed to say.

Jim sighed relieved, "Good. You're speaking. So it is the exam?"

"No. It's not the exam, trust me. I know I nailed it."

"Then what is it?"

Namjoon looked up at Jin and took deep breaths. The nauseating feeling kicked in again. How come one of the biggest exams of his life didn't make him as nervous as what he was about to do?

"I want you to come with me for Christmas."

"Okay go where?"

"To my apartment. I would like for you to stay with me for Christmas and possibly New Year's."

"Oh. You want me to...stay with you?" He asked with a smile.

"Yes and I want you to be—will you be—?" He put his hand on his mouth and closed his eyes briefly. "Mine." He whispered still with his eyes closed.

Jin's eyes widened, "What? Can you repeat that? I-I didn't quite hear you? It sounded like you said..." he laughed a little nervously. There was no way Namjoon was asking him this.

"Be mine." He gritted through his teeth. The blush in his face spread further down his neck.

Jin blushed bashfully, "I thought you weren't that type of guy."

"Is that a yes? If you reject me I will be forced to move town and change my identity and therefore throw away my whole career. So think about it before making any abrupt choices."

"Of course it's a yes!" Jin excitedly replied.

Namjoon felt like he could breathe again. The nauseating feeling was slowly subsiding and his heart rate was finally back to normal.

"I don't know how to be romantic. I've literally never dated anyone before. I've never wanted to until you. Just so you know I might throw up a little in my mouth when I try to be sweet to you. It's not that I don't feel it, I just don't know how to say it without cringing."

Jin chuckled, pulling in for a kiss. "Please don't throw up in my mouth." He murmured against his lips.

Namjoon smiled, "I will try not to."

•••

"What are you doing for Christmas?" Yoongi wondered.

"Work. What else can I do?" Jimin chuckled.

He rolled his eyes, "Smart ass."

"Well, what are you going to do?"

"Work." He snickered as he attempted to fold his scrubs.

"See, that's all we can do. No, no, don't fold it like that. Look, you lay it flat on the bed and then fold the sides like this." Jimin instructed.

Yoongi nodded with a yawn, "I mean I don't see the point of doing it all neatly. I'm going to unfold them either way. Plus, all my scrubs are all black and you can't even see the wrinkles on them."