28.

"I'm not a very good cook." Yuta said as he set the plate of salmon down. It had a side of asparagus and steamed broccoli.

It looked like one of those meals you'd get at a fancy restaurant. The portions were neatly placed on the plate to the point it looked fake.

"Wow. This looks amazing. I don't think I've seen a meal this good since I graduated college. My parents took me out to celebrate."

"Well, I hope it tastes as amazing as it looks. It's been a while since I've touched my kitchen. I typically run on unhealthy snacks and fast food. So thank you for giving me the chance to use my kitchen for once."

Jimin smiled, "You're welcome. Let's try it out and see how good it is." He cut down a piece of salmon and brought it up to his lips.

The warm vapor made its way to his nose and it instantly made his mouth water and  his stomach growl.

"Delicious." He said once he had swallowed the bite.

They ate in silence while occasionally making little side conversations. Nothing too in detail. Jimin's stomach felt much better now that he had food in his stomach.

Yuta's apartment was pretty simple. The creamy colored walls were comforting and homey. There were minimal decorations. Basic curtains, a small center table and a random picture of a beach painting. He wondered if he liked the beach or if he had simply grabbed a random painting to decorate.

When Jimin had arrived earlier, he was already sweating through his clean t-shirt. The nerves of being alone with Yuta in his apartment were overpowering. He tried to not overdress to make it seem like it wasn't an intimate dinner although it was.

Fortunately, Yuta hadn't set up candles around the table nor was romantic music playing in the background.  To top it off, Yuta was also dressed casually in a t-shirt and jeans. That was a huge weight lifted off his chest.

The conversations with his friends and Yoongi had been circling his mind from the moment he got in the car to drive to Yuta's place. The thoughts weren't as present now that he was actually in the moment. Or maybe it was his mind blocking those intriguing words. Whatever it was, he was thankful for it.

"That was very delicious." Jimin said, wiping his mouth.

"Glad you liked it. I didn't make dessert, but I did buy some awesome Girl Scout cookies." He cheesed revealing the box.

"Ahh! Strawberry flavor! My favorite." He giggled excitedly.

Yuta smiled sweetly and opened up the box. He pulled out one and then slid the box to Jimin. They nibbled on cookies until they were satisfied. By then half of the box was gone.

Jimin helped him clean up the table and wash the dishes. Being with Yuta wasn't as hard as it was at first. Still, there was tension all over his body whereas with Yoongi it was just so natural. 

Talking about anything and everything. It was so effortless. Yoongi was his comfort space in human form.

"Do you want to watch a movie?" Yuta asked as they dried their hands. The question was plain and simple. His voice was direct. So why was Jimin interpreting it as "do you want to fuck?"

Jimin rubbed his fingertips together. They felt weird and numb from the long exposure to water. He was looking down at his feet feeling his heart racing.

Now that the dinner was over, there was only but so much to talk about. Different scenarios went through Jimin's mind. Watching a movie  would lead to cuddling, then lead to kissing and after kissing—

"Jimin?"

"Yes. I would love to. Sorry. I got distracted."

"No worries. Do you have a movie in mind?"