2.

Jimin felt frozen in time. His residents eyes were piercing through his soul. It seemed like they turned a shade deeper shade of brown.

The words were at the tip of his tongue, but he couldn't speak. The rest of the interns were looking at him too which only added to his nervousness.

It wasn't until Jungkook slightly kicked his shoe that he snapped back into reality. "Nothing sir. I apologize. I, uhh, I got something stuck in the back of my throat."

The eye contact lasted a few more seconds and finally he turned away from him. Jimin let out a shaky breath, managing to release all the tension from his body.

Yoongi began walking and the six interns followed him behind. Jimin was the last one to catch up with his heart still in shock from the previous encounter.

"What was that about?" Jungkook whispered.

"I was really choking." He whispered back embarrassed.

"Alright, so you are not new in the life of an intern. You've completed six months at another hospital so you should be up to date with the requirements. You will work forty-eight hour shifts every other day not including when you are paged. This hospital is well known for having the best surgeons so the expectations are high. Of course, I got stuck with a group of interns and I am in charge of your rotations. For today, you will all stick with me until I find who to assign you too. Here's the locker room to put your stuff. Meet me at the end of the hall when you're ready."

Jimin picked a random locker to stick in his small bag. It only carried the necessary stuff, deodorant, small body wash, a few change of scrubs, shampoo, toothbrush and toothpaste.

He was still angry at himself for acting like a fool in front of everyone—well Yoongi in specific. He closed his eyes for a brief moment thinking of how to make himself more interesting to his assigned resident.

The last thing he needed was to be targeted as the "weak one" in the group. It was evident that the other interns were intelligent and talented. Although he had only met two of them he could imagine how the rest would be.

"Dr. Park, are you here to learn or to meditate?"

Jimin's eyes flung wide open as he heard the deep voice. He quickly rushed to the door and cleared his throat.

"I'm sorry sir. I was uh..."

"Follow me, interns." He interrupted, motioning them to follow.

Jimin sighed disappointed in himself once again. By the time he made it with the group he was the last one yet again.

"I don't have time to show you around the hospital, but sooner or later you'll know your way around. Here's these pagers that we will communicate through. Soon enough you'll be on your own and be assigned to a certain speciality. Of course eventually you'll get to rotate so that you get experience in every surgical specialty. When you are paged you need to assist as soon as possible. Being paged is an emergency. Do not page me unless your patient is dying. Understood?"

The interns nodded with their eyes lighting up as the pager was handed to them. When Jimin received his, his heart skipped a beat. A small smile spread across his face until he remembered the last part that was said.

"Unless your patient is dying."

That was a big weight on a newly inexperienced  twenty-seven year old surgeon. Yoongi handed the last pager and turned back to his clumsy eager interns.

"Pop quiz, what are the stages of appendicitis?"

Jungkook and Namjoon raised their hands in unison. The younger bit his lip like he was containing himself from spilling the answer. Jimin watched them amazed at their eagerness. He could tell the type of students they were based on this.