43.

Jimin woke up to an abrupt knocking on his door. Now that he finally knew that his friends and he passed the residency exam he could finally rest.

Tonight he was off for New Year's Day, whereas Yoongi had to work. So as he approached the door, he was very careful.

No one really knew where he lived aside from his family, two intern friends and Yoongi. Jimin knew that Jin had invited Namjoon over to a New Year's dinner at his family's house. He was also aware of Jungkook and Taehyung spending the night over after their shift. So he wasn't expecting any visitors.

The knocking on the door intensified. Jimin grew more anxious. He wanted to scream at whoever was behind the closed door, but he was too startled.

Waking up abruptly from the pleasant dream he was having was very disorienting. He grabbed the nearest lamp and unplugged it to defend himself.

It's not like he truly needed it because although he was fairly small, he was strong. But he took it just in case to be on the safe side.

"Who's there?" He asked as he approached the closed door. The darkness around him was messing with his mind. He was seeing spots all around him.

As he blinked to readjust his eyes, he realized that it wasn't just spots of his imagination.  There were fireworks outside.

Duh Jimin. It's fucking New Year's. He thought to himself. The closer he got to the door, the faster his heart raced.

"Who's there?" He repeated louder. Attempting to use his manly voice, but it was useless. His voice was velvety and sweet.

There was silence for a brief moment. Jimin leaned towards the door and just then the knocking started again. He gasped, jumping back.

Finally, he got the courage to open the door. The lamp was on his right hand and with his left he swung it open. His mind was racing and before he could process who was there he threw the lamp.

Yoongi quickly moved to the opposite side and then looked back at him. The lamp was now on the floor broken in two pieces. Jimin should've known better than to throw it with full force. He was a baseball player once.

"Fucking shit. Are you trying to murder me?" Yoongi shrieked in horror.

"Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry! Are you okay?"

"Yes. I barely had time to move."

"You scared me! Why couldn't you just answer when I was asking who was there?"

"I was trying to surprise you, okay? Weren't you the one who told me to not spoil surprises?"

"Well, yes, but when you're knocking like a maniac then the surprise can wait."

"Sorry I—I should've let you know I was coming. I was so nervous knocking on the door that I think I projected it with my force."

Jimin then scanned his body, he was wearing black sweats, a black t-shirt, and a black hat. Gorgeous like usual with his radiant porcelain skin popping from the contrast of the dark color.

"Weren't you working?"

"I was but then my shift ended and I usually pick up an extra one, but I had to come talk to you."

"Oh no. You're breaking up with me?" He asked, paranoid. It was ridiculous to even ask that question when they weren't dating to begin with.

"No, of course not. Uhhh..." he headed to pick up the broken lamp which happened to still have the lightbulb intact.

Jimin then realized that there was a suitcase next to him behind the wall. If Yoongi hadn't picked up the broken lamp his eyes wouldn't have directed that way.