30.

"Jimin? Can I talk to you for a minute?" A quiet Vernon asked.

"Hey! Yes, sure. What's up? Do you need Dr. Nakamoto?"

"No! No, I don't need him. I need you."

"Okay. What's the matter?"

Vernon sighed loudly like he had been holding in the stress for far too long. He made sure there weren't any people around as he leaned in closer towards him.

Jimin found it odd that he was trying to talk to him. It's not that they didn't get along, but they weren't precisely close. He seemed to be closer to Jungkook, but he was willing to help if possible.

"Can you please talk to my patient? She's supposed to have her gallbladder removed and now she's making up all these excuses to postpone it. She had already agreed and now she's backing out. If she does not have this surgery she can die. She's demanding to speak to another doctor and I made sure to tell her that if she does not proceed she won't live to celebrate her thirtieth birthday. It's easier to deal with children and their parents. I hate adults." He frowned.

"Did you really tell her that?" Jimin asked, furrowing his eyebrows.

"Hell yeah I did. Am I lying?"

"Well no...but sometimes adults act like kids. You just have to keep that in mind. Have you tried to page Dr. Min?"

He shook his head quickly, "I don't want to bother him. I thought I'd try with you first before paging him. You know what he says—"

"Don't page me unless the patient is dying." Jimin finished.

He nodded, "Yeah. At this point she's on the way to dying."

"Okay, okay. I will try my best to reason with her. Don't feel bad. Some patients are a pain in the ass." He said as they headed to the general surgery floor.

Jimin attempted to talk to the patient for thirty minutes, but she was still in denial. Vernon experienced the whole thing and was still pretty annoyed at her attitude. He stood in the corner of the room biting his tongue to not say something.

"We're going to have to page Dr. Min." Jimin whispered as they walked out of the room.

Vernon closed his eyes briefly, clearing nervous. Jimin didn't know why he was so hesitant to contact him, but then he recalled how intimidating Yoongi was.

He barely smiled, his voice was always the same deep tone and he had the "don't-page-me-unless-your-patient-is-dying" face all the time.

Jimin glanced at his watch, "I'll tell you what, I know where I can find him. I'll go look for him and tell him the situation. Luckily, the patient isn't scheduled for surgery for another four hours. Trust me, Dr. Min will knock some sense into her."

"Ahh! Thank you! Yuta and you really do deserve each other. You're both so nice." He said with a smile and yet there was something off about it. Almost like he was forcing it.

Jimin smiled shyly, "Thanks, but Yuta and I aren't dating. We decided to stay as friends."

"Friends? Really?" He whispered with wide eyes.

"Yep. Really. Let me go talk to Dr. Min really quickly." He responded. As soon as Jimin walked away Vernon smiled looking at his feet. This time it wasn't forced.

Jimin approached the small room knowing that Yoongi would be napping there. He truly hated to bother him, but at times like these it was necessary.

He softly knocked on the door and there was no response. Jimin, being the curious person he was, peeked inside the room.