5. pretty boy & the grumpy elf

a/n: i know it's just a tiny mishap but ella's actually twenty three not twenty four! i don't know math apparently lmao

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

"I NEED TO TALK TO YOU," said Regulus, catching Claudia off guard with his careful tone as he led her into the bedroom they seemed to be sharing due to neither of them wanting to sleep alone in that cold and dark house. "It's important."

"Okay," Claudia replied, bewildered due to how he seemed to be so stressed and put off all of the sudden. "What is it?"

Regulus closed the door behind him in a way of making sure none of their new visitors could hear, and then he turned to face her with a look that immediately told her that he had news that she wasn't going to particularly take a liking for.

"What is it?" She asked in a pressing tone.

Regulus gave her a weary glance as his eyes flickered around all over the room before he sighed, "The Dark Lord has asked for my help."

Claudia froze.

"He needs the help of a house-elf," he continued. "For a secret mission. I offered him Kreacher."

Now, Claudia immediately shook herself out of her frozen state as those words left Regulus' mouth.

And then, she whacked him over the head.

Regulus winced as his hand found it's way to his head, immediately holding onto it for dear life as if that could protect him, "What was that for, Claudia?!"

"What do you think?" She asked with a glare. "Why the hell would you offer our house-elf to him?!"

"Well, technically I didn't do it at first," Regulus defended, still speaking just as quietly. "I was alone with the Dark Lord and your father, and the Dark Lord asked if any of us had a house-elf he could borrow for...something. Your father said that you and I do."

"And you bloody let him say that?!"

"Well, what was I supposed to do?!"

"I don't know!" She exclaimed, crossing her arms over her chest.

Regulus sighed, "Claudia, please just listen to me, alright? He asked me if I did, and I said yes. And then I offered him to borrow Kreacher for just a little while. There shouldn't be any harm in that, okay? And...and I only did it to get on his good side. If he likes me that puts you and I into more safety-"

"Or that just makes him ask you for more favours," Claudia said. "And what is he even going to do with Kreacher?!"

"Where did this sudden need to defend Kreacher come from?"

Claudia shrugged, "I don't know. I just know that I don't want him to get hurt."

"Have you taken a liking for our dear house-elf now, Dia?" Regulus asked with a faint smile.