39. the angels & the devils

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

"-THE NAPPIES ARE IN THIS DRAWER," said Jia Li finally, finishing off her instructions to Claudia on how to care for a baby. "Any questions?"

"No, I don't think so," Claudia said with a small smile. "So...she plays, she eats, she sleeps-"

"And she shits," Henry finished. "You'll get on just fine, Claudia! As long as she doesn't magically learn how to crawl across the room in a fast speed, this won't be a challenge. And trust me, Cho can only crawl about two steps before she gives up, so."

"Great," Claudia said with a small smile, looking and laughing amusedly at Jia Li who rolled her eyes at her husband for the millionth time during the previous fifteen minutes Claudia had been in the room.

"Just try to get ahold of us if something happens," Jia Li assured. "Send us a patronus or something, we won't be long."

"Alright," Claudia nodded as Henry picked up Cho, who was rolling around on the floor for some reason.

"You be a really bad girl now, alright?" He said to his daughter with a grin. "Cry. A bunch. Cry so much that auntie Claudia will cry too."

"Why do you say that?" Jia Lia sighed, shaking her head out of disbelief.

"Crying makes people stay," Henry grinned, confusing Claudia and Jia Li plenty. Even so, he chose not to make any explanations, instead handing Cho to Claudia with a smile.

In a few minutes' time, Henry and Jia were gone, and Claudia was alone with Cho in their house, holding and bouncing the giggling girl around the room.

"So, what do you want to do now, huh?" Claudia asked with a big smile as Cho examined her face up close.

"Pwetty," the little girl said, but Claudia knew that a seventh month old definitely didn't understand what that meant or that she was even saying it in the first place.

Even so, Claudia took the accidental compliment to heart.

"Why thank you Miss Cho," she smiled, booping her on the nose. "You're awfully pretty yourself. You'll definitely get yourself some gorgeous boys when you're older. Maybe it'll be one of those Weasley boys I heard you had a playdate with the other day. Or possibly that young Diggory boy. Or maybe it'll be a girl! Who knows, you can love whoever you want!"

Cho blinked at her, giggled, and started kicking Claudia a little, indicating for her that she wanted to be placed on the floor.

"Ah, you're avoiding the relationship-conversation, I see," Claudia grinned, waking over to the little girl's toys and putting her on the floor. "Don't worry, I feel you. It's the worst topic of all."

Cho ignored Claudia when she said that, and then the next 45 minutes or so was spent with Claudia playing with her, changing her nappy and, of course, making sarcastic comments that the baby couldn't understand one bit.