108. stay here forever

a/n: apologies for updating late!!!! i was exhausted and may or may not have passed out whilst writing. somehow i just didn't wake up until today so yeah <3 love ya

 somehow i just didn't wake up until today so yeah <3 love ya

。・:*:・★,。・:*:・

TWO WEEKS HAD GONE BY AND NOTHING. Not a single person had they seen or heard from until that fateful morning.

Remus was easily getting accustomed to the life that Claudia and Regulus had been living for months. All they ever really did was sit around in the tent, read and go for small walks. They occasionally went to a Muggle village to find a little food and maybe even go to a pub, but that was the extent of it all.

It was nice. Being shut out from the rest of the world felt like freedom in a way none of them really recognised.

But it was getting to the full moon. And Remus still had to complete his mission, despite being sure that the pack Dumbledore wanted him to find had already been infiltrated by the Death Eaters.

They could all feel it come like a little whisper, but they tried not to hear it. It was time to face everything; all of it.

And what it would result in none of them knew.

But they knew the time had come that day. Claudia was sitting in a chair, flipping through the pages of a book as she eyed Remus and Regulus, who were in the middle of a very friendly game of Wizard's Chess.

She smiled at the sight of Remus' happy winner-face and Regulus' grumpy loser-face as a strange noise and a crash made all of them jump.

"What the fuck was that?" Regulus asked confusedly, staying back with Remus as Claudia immediately went and checked for the source of the sudden sound.

It came from the tent entrance, which had them all wide-eyed and confused. Claudia took out her wand and opened the entrance, only to discover a wounded owl lying there on the ground next to a letter.

"It's an owl," she said, bending down and flicking her wand so that it's little wings healed. "And a letter."

"A letter?" Regulus questioned with a frown. "How did that get here?"

"I don't know," Claudia shrugged, watching the owl disappear into the sky, before shutting the entrance and walking towards the boys.

She opened the letter, and forgot just how to breathe as she read it.

Dear Claudia,

We know that you're alive. Those Death Eaters saw you in the woods. The news are about to go public.

Please come home and we can figure it all out. I have decided to let you go from the family. All you have to do is come here and sign some papers.

I hope to see you at Sunday lunch.

All my best,

Your grandmother Margaret Maple.