49. spell attempt number 52

。・:*:・★,。・:*:・゚☆

。・:*:・★,。・:*:・゚☆

THE DAY AFTER Sirius' awkward and horrible birthday celebration, Claudia woke up by a sudden crash in the room next to hers.

She opened her eyes, let out a groan and buried her face in her pillows. It wasn't unusual that explosions or crashes like that appeared in the room next door, for Pandora and Rosamund sometimes liked to make their experiments for a proper Horcrux-destroying spell at Grimmauld Place.

Why? Well, Claudia didn't know.

She did, however, believe that it was because neither of the two wanted to blow up their own houses in case they would mess up bad, so they decided to let Claudia and Regulus deal with it instead.

Oh, well. Claudia didn't care. She just wanted that spell made, those Horcruxes destroyed, the Dark Lord and her father dead and a divorce with Regulus so that she could go ahead and sort out her issues with Remus and finally settle down for good.

That was, of course, wishful thinking, but she found herself surprised that she knew exactly what she wanted so well. But, in all honesty, even nearing anything close to those wishes seemed impossible.

They couldn't seem to figure out who that blond man Rosamund and Henry's grandmother had seen in her visions was, the man who had a connection to most of the Horcruxes.

David suggested that it could be Nicolas, but everyone else agreed that that seemed a little strange. They weren't sure of that, of course, but Nicolas had absolutely no idea about any of the Horcruxes, so that wouldn't have made any sense.

The group also couldn't figure out a way to search through every single vault at Gringotts to find something they didn't know what it was.

Yeah, you get the idea. It wasn't going to be easy. And it definitely wasn't going to be fun. But it could possibly be worth it if they succeeded.

If.

"How are we feeling?" Claudia, whose face was still buried in her pillows, heard Cora's motherly voice ask.

"Great," Claudia murmured.

"That's a lie," Cora pointed out.

"Well spotted."

"Honestly, though, dear," Cora said as she sat down at the edge of Claudia's bed. "Did anything happen last night?"

"No," Claudia replied, rolling over so that she was finally looking at Cora. "Nothing happened."

"Is this denial, lying, or-"

"It's the truth," Claudia sighed. "It was just...meh."

"Meh?"

"Meh."

"Then what happened?"

"Like I said," Claudia chuckled as she sat up. "Nothing. It was obviously Sirius' birthday celebration, so I had to act as if I wasn't affected by the fact that Remus probably despises me. I just hid away with Inez and Marlene all night. It was...boring."