65. life changes

a/n: i have not updated in two weeks???? i'm back for a lil happy birthday to myself chapter!!! i probably will be fully gone for around...well, two weeks again after this tho </3 ily so sorry

well, two weeks again after this tho </3 ily so sorry

。・:*:・★,。・:*:・

IT WAS OFFICIALLY 1980, and the new year and decade had started off in a rather bittersweet way.

James and Lily had officially gone into hiding, you see, which of course made everyone sad since they wouldn't get the chance to see them that often - if even at all. What brought joy upon the group of friends, however, was the simple little fact that when the war and everything finally would be over, they would get the chance to shower the future baby Potter with love.

Unknown arrangements had been made to keep the Potters safe, and behind they had left the large manor that was their previous, and hopefully future, home.

Remus, who had lived with the couple since pretty much after graduation, had opted for staying there in the closeness to safety as he hopefully wished that all sorts of dark forces would stay away from the manor and the nearby village that had grown so dear to his heart.

However, Remus did not like the idea of staying there alone. That is why it didn't take long until Inez and Marlene - who both loved the safety of the countryside just as much as they loved the idea of living in a fairly luxurious manor - moved into Potter manor.

Together the three people stayed there, frequently receiving visits from Claudia, Sirius and all the others, and of course frequently receiving letters of pregnancy updates from James and Lily.

On this particular night in late January, Claudia was at Potter manor for she was going to stay the night, which naturally was something she did very often. Her recent days had been spent either just doing nothing with Remus, or doing nothing at home with Regulus.

The mere few exceptions to her lack of things to do consisted of Death Eater stuff, trying to figure out the next Horcrux and most of all trying to figure out why the hell it was so impossible to destroy the locket, that had yet to face the same fate as the diadem.

You get the idea. It seemed bloody impossibly to get anywhere with anything, and by now most of them - Claudia and the other Horcrux-hunters - were on the verge of giving up.

So, on this particular night in late January, Claudia out of frustration left Grimmauld Place to, well, be frustrated somewhere else - at Potter manor.

She also left for another occasion, however, and that was the fact that it was the night of the first "episode" of Henry's little radio programme that was all about the war and such.

"Come on in, we're having popcorn," was the first thing Marlene, who opened the door for Claudia after she had removed all the protection charms, said.

"...Okay," Claudia said as she took off her jacket and Marlene disappeared into the kitchen.

Claudia then proceeded to walk into the living room, only to find Remus and Inez sitting on the couch, passionately conversing about something.