28. safe houses & black veins

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

"THIS PLACE IS SO SKETCHY," said Ella, gazing at the wooden house in front of where she stood with all the others. "If I need to murder someone, I know where to do it. And where to hide the body. And where to hide in case Aurors come after me."

"What the fuck," mumbled Regulus as the others looked at Ella with confused faces.

Now, to make things clear one needs to understand where the group even were in the first place.

A while back, David had explained to Claudia and Regulus that he knew of a safe house in the middle of nowhere, hidden away in the woods with plenty of protective charms around it. This was a place he believed that they could use to destroy the Horcrux for good.

Of course, before coming there, they had tried to blow the locket up, use violence against it and all the other ideas, but nothing seemed to work.

They were certain that Fiendfyre would do the trick. But, they couldn't just use that kind of magic anywhere for a long list of reasons, so the greatest idea was a magical house in the middle of nowhere.

On this very day, however, the group were just there to check the place out and see for themselves if it was a good idea or not to use such dark magic there.

It was about to get dark outside, and it was also a full moon that night, which meant that none of them had any sort of intentions of staying there for longer than about five minute.

"So, now what?" Cora asked her husband, who had just gotten them past all the protective charms that were casted around the house that a mere few people knew about, including the Archers and John since three out of four of them were Aurors.

"We go inside," David replied in a simple tone, walking up the stairs to the porch and using magic to open the door, choosing to ignore the strange and quiet little whimper he swore that he heard for he believed he was just imagining things.

He opened the door and stepped inside, and the others followed quickly. All of them were there; Claudia, Regulus, David, Ella, Cora, John, Nicolas and Rosamund.

As of lately Claudia and Regulus had tested Nicolas and Rosamund out plenty to be able to know for certain that they could trust the two of them, and it seemed that they honestly could.

That didn't mean that the two hated them, however. Claudia would always dislike Rosamund for what she did all those years ago, and Nicolas for how he had treated her ever since she was a kid even if it seemed that he regretted it.

And as for Regulus, he couldn't bear to look at Nicolas, and he had no positive feelings towards Rosamund either to be honest, for obvious reasons.

It may have seemed stupid that they told them everything about the Horcruxes and their secret missions, but they did use Veritaserum on Rosamund and Nicolas and that only resulted in them telling them the truth that they meant no harm and honestly wanted to help as much as they could.