105. mary johnson

。・:*:・★,。・:*:・

。・:*:・★,。・:*:・

THE AMERICANS WERE GOING HOME. As they sat around the kitchen table that was in the house Rosamund once owned, they were planning their journey home.

There wasn't nothing left for them in England anymore. Claudia was dead. And so was John, who took all their motivation to get rid of Greyback with him.

Cora and David could barely keep themselves together, but Ella could tell that they tried to because of her. It was ridiculous, really, that her parents still tried to shield her from evil and pain despite the fact that she was a fully grown adult, but that's exactly what they did, of course.

Ella was looking at them as they stared over paperwork that had to do with John and his death. She tried to see a sign of them breaking down, but she couldn't find one.

That's when she heard it. A strange sound. She knew what it meant, and what it was, but she seemed to be the only one in her family to hear it. That proved to her that her parents were in fact struggling, because they usually were the ones to pay attention, instead of Ella and John.

John. Oh, how she missed him. He had been there for almost every single day of her life, and now he was just gone. It didn't make any sense. Ella didn't even remember the last thing she said to him. Or the last time she saw him smile.

She thought about him, and she thought about Claudia as she walked outside of the house, wand in hand. Her parents were calling her name, but she didn't answer as she carefully made her way outside.

She saw the dark locks first, and her heart skipped a beat thinking that it was Regulus who was standing by the house he couldn't see, trying to somehow get inside.

She realised quickly, though, that, slightly disappointingly, it was Sirius who was standing there.

Ella sighed.

He looked like an idiot, standing there and yelling her name as an attempt to make sure he was actually standing by the wards of the house and not on a random empty hill.

She removed the protectant spell so that he could see her. He smiled a little at the sight of her, but she only shook her head and sighed once more.

"Missed me that much?" Sirius asked as he approached her with a weak grin as she placed the protectant charm back on, not seeing the other person who was right behind Sirius.

"No," Ella replied, although a small smile played on her lips.

Sirius' eyes softened, and he placed an awkward hand on her elbow, "How are you doing?"

"Great," Ella said, quickly turning around and putting on a mask like she always did.

Sirius followed her, feeling a little disappointed due to her lack of honesty.