59. too good to be true

。・:*:・★,。・:*:・

。・:*:・★,。・:*:・

IT WAS ON A RANDOM Tuesday night in early December that Rosamund Clarke destroyed the first Horcrux. It was certainly too good to be true.

Alongside Pandora, she had changed and tweaked all the countless of spells they had created with the intention of destroying the items that the Dark Lord stored fragments of his soul inside of. It had taken the girls what felt like forever - according to them - to figure it out, and now finally, sort of on accident, Rosamund succeeded.

She didn't wish to talk more about it. Nor did Pandora. As they arrived completely unannounced to Number 12 Grimmauld Place, a confused Nicolas in their heels, they sat Claudia, Regulus and the Americans down to announce the news.

And as you might assume, everyone was relived, thrilled and honestly extremely proud to hear the news. It had taken the girls a significantly small amount of time to create such a difficult spell, and it must've been hard even with the access to the random cabin in the woods they worked in, the help they got from David and Claudia and the time and motivation they had to do it in the first place.

However, there was one little issue: Rosamund had no idea how she had done it.

How she had destroyed that diadem was a complete mystery to her. All she knew was that she had tried something new with an old spell that she was sure wasn't going to work, that she had seen a bunch of black smoke after it, that she witnessed something terrible before her eyes and that a piercing scream was heard from somewhere.

Merlin, she had no idea what to say or how to describe it. And, she also couldn't help Pandora with doing the same thing to destroy the locket.

You see, whatever it was that made Rosamund so scared after having destroyed the diadem caused her to refuse to do it again with the locket. She didn't even know if she could do it again, that was the thing.

The magic was of the darkest kind. In fact, it was probably to be compared to creating the Horcruxes in itself. So, naturally, the affects of destroying the diadem caused nothing but traumatic stress for Rosamund.

She refused to try to destroy the locket herself, but then Pandora also couldn't do it simply because it didn't work, even if Rosamund in depth described every little fragment to that spell.

It just didn't work, despite it being the exact same spell that just minutes before had destroyed the first one.

This whole situation was what caused everyone in the kitchen at Grimmauld Place to look at each other with confused faces.

"What do you mean you don't know how you destroyed it?" Regulus asked Rosamund.

"I...well, of course I know how I did it," Rosamund replied. "I just...don't know how we can do it again."

"I don't understand," said Claudia. "You know what you did, don't you?"

"Of course I do," Rosamund said flatly.