80. goodbye for now

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

CLAUDIA TOLD REMUS ABOUT the trip to America the next day. His reaction was just like one would expect. He wanted to come with her. She said no, of course, which eventually led to a discussion that was as long as it could be.

Claudia, being as dreadfully stubborn as she was, somehow made sure that Remus understood that he had to sit this one trip out for several reasons. To agree to that, however, Claudia had to - and wanted to - spend as much of the time she had left in England with Remus, so it came to no surprise that the last few days were spent at Lupin cottage with the boy and his parents.

It was just like it used to be. Lyall had turned 51, so they had celebrated him with cake and a few presents. Hope was recovering from a nasty cold, so a lot of time was spent by the couch or sitting outside by the water. The four of them played card games, talked and treasured the time they had together for it didn't happen quite often that they gathered.

The Thursday had been spent mostly outside, so once the evening was creeping up on them, Hope was in bed, resting up after dinner. Claudia walked past the room, immediately stopping at the sound of the woman's voice.

"Claudia?"

"Yeah?" The girl responded immediately as she popped her head inside the room.

Hope yawned, "Will you come sit with me for a moment, sweetie?"

"Is something wrong?" Claudia asked instantly with an awfully worried look on her face.

"No, no, nothing's wrong," Hope chuckled. "Why would you ask that?"

"You just look a bit tired, is all," Claudia said bluntly. "No offense."

"None taken," Hope smiled. "This cold is not fun. But will you come sit with me?

"Oh, of course," Claudia said, leaving the door slightly open as she walked inside and sat herself down at the edge of Hope's bed.

"Anything on your mind?" Claudia then asked.

"Not really, no," Hope shrugged. "I just wanted to chat. Is anything on your mind?"

"No," Claudia said. "Just a little nervous about travelling the muggle way. Never thought I'd ever set foot on a plane."

"You'll be just fine," said Hope, who was aware of Claudia's trip to the states because the girl had mentioned that she was going on a family trip. "I'm a muggle, sweetie, so I know. Planes aren't as scary as they seem. Turbelnce is basically like when you're driving a car on a bumpy road."

"I've barely been in a car either," Claudia snorted. "But I guess that helps."

"I could take you on a drive right now if you would like?"

"Oh, no," Claudia smiled. "That's fine. Although, I have to confess that I've always wanted to get a driver's license."

"Then the first thing we'll do once you're back from America is get you one of those," Hope said gleefully. "I'll teach you how to drive."