110. two little drops

。・:*:・★,。・:*:・

。・:*:・★,。・:*:・

SHE FELT PHYSICALLY ILL STANDING OUTSIDE OF THE MANOR. It had been long since last, and she wasn't really prepared for the emotions she'd feel when she'd see that place again.

But she also thought about how it might be the last time she was ever going to see that place. And so, she stepped inside, purposely not knocking or announcing herself one bit.

Regulus walked behind her, a little weary and always watching her, but he didn't speak nor did he take his eyes off of her even when she passed the house-elves and opened the grand door to the dining room, where the whole family were sitting, eating away at their Sunday lunch.

They all stared wide eyed at the pair, looking as though they had seen a ghost. And, by the look on Nolan's wife's face, she was sure she had, because she most certainly wasn't informed abut the two of them being alive.

Charles choked on his food, Louisa glared at them and Nolan sat still with a fork filled with food halfways into his mouth. Nicolas wasn't there, which Claudia and Regulus immediately noted and felt grateful for.

And then there was Claudia's grandmother. She was, undoubtedly, very happy. With a big smile she rose to her shaky feet and held out a shaky hand towards the girl.

"Claudia," she smiled. "Come here."

Claudia walked towards her grandmother, but she didn't take her hand nor did she soften her stone cold look. She glanced over at her father, who looked rather upset over the fact that she was there.

"Back so soon?" He asked as Maragret finally surrendered and took down her pale hand.

She nodded, "From the dead."

Nolan chuckled, which gave him a proper mean look from his mother.

He shrugged, "What? That was funny."

Louisa rolled her eyes and turned to Claudia. "What're you doing here?"

Claudia frowned, "What?"

"What're you doing here?" Charles repeated for his wife. "I haven't owled you yet. Why are you here?"

"I thought you knew," Claudia said confusedly. "Isn't this your idea?"

"My idea?

"Yes, your idea that I'm going to sign those papers."

"What papers?"

Claudia looked even more confused then, and then she turned to her grandmother. "I thought you were going to disown me?"

"What?!" Charles yelled out, turning to his mother. "Really?! Is it true?"

Margaret ignored her son and only paid attention to Claudia and Regulus. "Why don't you two sit down?"