104. facing your enemies

。・:*:・★,。・:*:・

。・:*:・★,。・:*:・

THE PLAN WAS SIMPLE. After years of following Greyback around as much as they possibly could without getting caught, the Americans had sensed a pattern.

Every now and then, Greyback went to see Charles at Maple Manor. Claudia too had seen him there before, which she had told them.

The Americans assumed that Charles and Greyback weren't exactly friends, but that Greyback was some sort of messenger for Charles. After finding out the truth about who was actually behind Claudia's mum's death, they could see the pattern.

In the Prophet it said that a certain wizard had critiqued Charles for his work. A few weeks later the man was killed by a werewolf. A woman said that the Maples were a ridiculous family. One week later, she was found dead - a death caused by a werewolf. A woman was the mother of an accidental child, a halfblood, and wrote whatever she wanted to in her books. A week later, Claudia Maple found her mother dead, staring right into the eyes of Fenrir Greyback.

It had happened a few times. It wasn't a pattern anyone could deny. And John and the others knew too that Greyback was one of the Dark Lord's little puppets, so it didn't surprise him that Charles also told him what to do, and that he then did it.

Greyback hated humans. And so did Charles. It was the perfect match, really. Charles wanted someone dead, and Greyback wanted a prey. They really fit together like two pieces in a puzzle.

Ella, Cora and John barely worked. Remus barely slept. David barely did anything.

All they did was either sit in the woods near Maple manor, keeping an eye on Charles and the house. Or, they were following Greyback.

Ella, John and Remus were following Greyback on this certain day. David and Cora were right by Maple Manor.

However, Greyback disappeared out of their reach as quick as they found them, which made them all sigh audibly.

"This is getting impossible," Ella said frustratedly. "How are we ever going to find the right moment to get him?"

"We will," said Remus in a hopeful tone. "We will get to both of them. I know it."

Ella sighed again. She was clearly annoyed. They all seemed to be so. It was starting to get to them. They had two people they wanted to hurt so badly, but no plan on how to do it or when.

Did they want to kill them? No. They weren't those kind of people. But then again, did Charles and Greyback deserve to live? They'd say no to that as well.