24. dance with me?

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

JUST LIKE AT Lily and James' wedding, Henry and Jia Li Chang had their wedding reception in their garden in a large party tent.

It was getting colder by the minute, but heating charms surrounded the area and the tent, and the guests wore warmer clothing or had brought blankets with them.

Claudia and Regulus Maple-Black stood in front of the tent, both rather confused to why they were even there, and most certainly uncertain over how the night would go.

Regulus' plans consisted of avoiding everyone and everything excluding Claudia, her family (who acted as personal security guards to the whole of the wedding guests), Jia Li, Henry and Cho.

The last three were a rather surprising exception to Regulus' list of people to ignore, but it was after all Jia Li and Henry's wedding, so he couldn't exactly be rude to them. Nor could he be rude to someone as adorable as a little baby.

And, let's face it, everyone adored Henry Chang.

Yes, that includes Regulus.

Claudia's plans for the night consisted of...well, she hadn't gotten that part figured out yet.

She knew that she would be met by what would feel like a billion people from her past, and to ignore them was no option. The Marauders and the girls were of course people she was excited to see.

Well, honestly, that was with the exception of Remus. At this point, all he brought her was confusion, anxiety and jealousy.

Three feelings Claudia despised.

"Have fun," said John, who was standing by the entrance of the tent, wearing a cheeky grin. "Just don't drink too much or you'll splinch yourself on the way back home."

"Not a problem," said Regulus with a small smile, grabbing Claudia's hand out of a reflex, for whenever they left Grimmauld Place they seemed to get unreasonably anxious.

Honestly, the both of them would've just preferred to stay at home and sleep. That was what they always preferred in every situation, however, so it wasn't exactly unusual.

Even so, the smiles on their faces as the newlyweds approached them were nothing but genuine.

"You made it!" Jia Li exclaimed with a big smile, hugging the both of them tightly as if she had known them for years.

"Hi," Claudia said sweetly, smiling right back at the girl who was wearing the most beautiful dress. "Congrats! We're sorry we didn't make it to the venue, but uh-"