2.

Tamia in the MM

Tamia in the MM.

Tamia Ford

Walking into the house, feeling embarrassed at the moment, I could hear Yessenia, Tot and Yanae still going on about what just happened.

"I don't know what my brother be up there doing to Mimi but it's out of hand now." Yessenia muffled voice spoke as I listened from the window now.

"Yeah, girl."

"I knew it was getting crazy when my own best friend just up and stopped talking to me then moved away with him right after high school."

"No warning or nothing." Tot went on saying and I sighed deeply before I stopped listening completely then slowly sat down onto the couch at the other side of the room.

I was trying my hardest not to break or cry down here but this whole situation was humiliating and embarrassing.

"I need to go home." I said more to myself before I heard someone walking out of the kitchen, making me quickly look up.

"Wait a minute."

"I know that's not my Tamia..."

"Is that my Tamia?" A soft voice then spoke before Ms. Diana, Yasin's mom, came into view with a glass of tea in hand.

"Hey, Ms. Diana." I spoke politely with a smile as she came and softly sat down beside me on the long, black, leather sectional couch.

"Hi, baby."

"How are you?" She asked as she sat her tea down onto the coffee table before she turned to give me a tight hug.

"I'm fine."

"How are you?" I asked her as she shifted her focus back to the tv, to turn it in and it went straight to her shows.

"I'm great, now that I get to see my Mia." She went on, calling me the nickname she'd given me years ago and I couldn't help but to smile.

I loved Ms. Davis.

"I would be even more great though, if you called me sometimes."

"Or even answered my calls sometimes, instead of hiding behind Yasin." She went on reading me now like I knew she would and I looked at her with guilt in my eyes.

This was all expected once Yasin told me that he was bringing me down here today for whatever reason. Now I had to deal with all of the consequences of his actions.

All while he got away scott-free.

As usual.

"I don't hide behind Yasin, it's just-" I started but stopped, looking over into her eyes guiltily as she tooted her lips before grabbing for her tea.

"It's okay, baby."

"I know you hide behind Yasin because we aren't the most glamorous down here and we're nothing like those people up in those suburbs-"