18.

Tamia's Outfit

Tamia's Outfit

Tamia Ford
That night

"Mimi!"

"Bitch, you're here!" Tot screamed loudly as I walked into the house party that was crowded with a bunch of random people.

"Hey." I spoke shyly, waving, as Yessenia and Nae Nae walked in behind me.

The party was loud, lit and everything that I'd been missing since living upstate for all of these years.

Everybody was drinking, smoking, enjoying life and I just couldn't remember the last time I'd actually felt this free in the environment that I was living in.

This felt like home.

I was home.

Tot drunkly grabbed my hand, with a drink already in hers, as she pulled me over and took me to the liquor table to get one for myself.

"What do you like, best, white or dark?" She asked me as Yessi and Nae Nae came over as well to grab a drink.

"I want dark tonight, sis." I told her, on demon time at the moment and she raised her eyebrows at me with a smile.

"Oh." They all spoke in unison, looking at me with wide eyes now.

"Oh okay." They couldn't help but to laugh loudly as I did the same, holding my cup tightly while she poured the Hennessy.

"Wait, aren't you pregnant, Tot—" I started but stopped as the party randomly got louder, making everybody look and break focus.

When we did, it was just another group of people coming into the party and I smiled to myself, looking around at everybody.

I didn't know a lot of people here, considering I didn't really grow up on this side of the hood. My actual hood was about five minutes over but this was good enough.

I didn't need too many people seeing me out tonight anyway.

"Nae Nae, what you want?"

"A children's apple or orange juice?" Tot went on saying smartly and Yessenia and I bursted out laughing while Nae Nae shifted all her weight to one leg.

"Bitch, give me my drink." She then snatched a cup from the table and I shook my head at the sight.

I said nothing though because it wasn't my business so if they loved it, I liked it but I knew Yasin wouldn't be too ecstatic about this happening.

Brushing him and those thoughts away though, I focused on what was going on around me and I continued to mingle and talk to people that I used to know before or I went to high school with before.

Though there wasn't many, there were a few people in the crowd that I did know.

"Tamia, I haven't seen you in forever!" I heard at least a hundred times since I'd been here.