37.

Yasin in The MM

Yasin in The MM.

Tamia Ford
An hour later
Midnight

"So do you know who that was, Sin?" I couldn't help but to ask for the hundredth time tonight, still freaked out about the entire situation from earlier.

The man was completely gone now and Sin had been checking and looking outside of my window every ten minutes to make sure that he didn't return. He'd even had all of his friends come around to my block to watch over my place for a few hours.

Which made me feel safe and protected but I was still afraid.

"Look like one of them niggas from sixth."

"Probably missed one, that's all, Mi." He spoke nonchalantly as if he wasn't afraid at all and I knew that he wasn't.

Yasin was good for life like this but he knew that I wasn't. This was my thing at all.

Yes, I wanted to live here since I'd missed the environment and I wanted to spend time with all of my old friends. But the hood was no joke when it came to wars and violence and I was slowly beginning to regret moving back here.

Even after all that I'd been through.

"You ain't got nun' to worry bout' though, ma."

"Ain't nobody gon' fuck with you or nun'."

"That shit gon' get handled." Sin went on saying, pulling out his phone and typing away on it.

As he did, I nodded my head, simply easing my mind from the negative thoughts that were trying to take over. I began to think about Ms. Davis's house and how it'd gotten shot up a few months back.

We were all lucky to be alive that day because it could have gone a lot worse.

I just really did not want to imagine that happening here, especially since I'd made so much peace here in the last few months. My mind just kept going off the deep end though, scaring me badly with my negative thoughts.

"Sin, I don't know.." I trailed off, trying to gather my words.

"I don't know if I want to stay here tonight." I ended up blurting out to him seriously and he raised his eyebrows, looking at me in disbelief.

"You serious, baby?" He asked me with shock in his eyes.

"See.." He trailed off, sighing heavily to himself.

"This why I ain't want you down here, Mi." He went on saying, sounding like his old self now as he spewed his old words but I was honestly beginning to understand why he didn't want me down here in the first place.

It wasn't safe for me.

"This yo' spot, baby. You ain't got to leave." He reassured me, looking into my eyes deeply.