Epilogue

Yasin in the MM

Yasin in the MM

Tamia Ford
Some months later

Say my prayers, so I know I'm protected, soon as I walk in.

Seemin' like that I'm the one that they don't wanna see win

I need my brother, just like my backbone, you more than my friend.

Who gone be here by the time my bag gone?

Hope more than my kids.

Gunnin' for your love like a touchdown

Babygirl you good, it's just us now

Full of drugs, seem I'm stranded with no trust found.

"I'd go crazy if I couldn't buy you a bust down." Yasin rapped along to his music, blasting it loudly while I sat in the passenger seat with a scowl on my face.

Staying silent, I watched him as he filled the car with his smoke while he smoked his blunt with one hand and drove with his other. I sat there with an attitude but of course he didn't seem to care as he finally pulled up in front of our house and cut the engine.

When he did, the car went quiet but he continued to smoke his blunt, blowing smoke into the air, all while I sat there with my arms folded now.

"Ma." He called, patting my thigh but I completely ignored him, looking straight ahead as best as I could while the windows began to fog.

"Mi." He called again but still I said nothing, rolling my eyes hard as I kept my focus straight ahead.

"Oh aight."

"You gon' ignore me?" He asked and still I said nothing as he obviously waited for me to.

"Aight." Was all he said when I didn't, licking his lips angrily and I could tell he was getting upset now and it was only because I was upset but I'd had every right to be.

I'd just gotten off of work, considering I'd finally graduated about a few months back and started working at the very hospital that Sin was in for all of his injuries. So I was now a mom, a wife and a certified nurse and I was completely happy and content with my life.

At least up until right now.

I'd told Sin and he'd promised me that he would not be down in the hood, standing on any corners or doing anything reckless with his stupid ass friends. He'd promised me this years ago before I'd even had Achilles and he'd been seemingly doing fine ever since.

Turns out though, Yessenia and Tot had saw him yesterday when they were down in the hood and even a few girls at my job told me that they'd saw him and he was with my son there.

Telling me how cute our son was.

Even showing me pictures that he'd obviously taken and put on Instagram.