41.

Tamia Ford
4 days later
10am

I watched as Sin slept in his hospital bed with the same mean mug on his face as days before. It'd been four whole days in this hospital and they were doing so many treatments on him, giving him so many medications and painkillers and he was angry about it every step of the way.

His friends, his mom, my mom, his sisters, his uncles and everybody you could think of, had been in and out of the hospital periodically to see him throughout those days.

I'd been here and back every morning and every night though. For four days straight, to be by his side.

Of course, he still hadn't said a word to me and when he was awake, we'd sit here in nothing but silence so I was practically alone for the most part.

Just hoping for the best because I knew he needed time.

And I had no right to demand it.

Breaking me away from my thoughts, knocks came to the room door before a nurse announced herself then came walking in.

When she did, I watched as Sin stirred in his sleep, slowly waking up and noticing both me and her.

"How are you feeling?" She went on asking him with a smile.

"I'm coo'." He spoke dryly, licking his lips slowly before he looked over to me who was sitting in the small corner alone.

I didn't say anything, I just simply smiled at him, letting him know that I wasn't angry at him or anything but he didn't do that same for me. He simply kept his cold look as he looked over at me as if he hated me.

"That's good." The nurse ended up confirming before she began checking him and making sure that everything with him was okay.

"I ain't gon' lie, a nigga just a lil' thirsty though." He went on telling her seriously now and she couldn't help but to laugh as I did the same as she looked over to me with a smile.

"Well, the doctor wants to let you go home today—"

"—so then you can drink all of the water that you like."

"But we have to get you an assigned caretaker and we have to get you set up for physical therapy in three weeks." She went on reminding him and I watched as he discreetly rolled his eyes at the thought before licking his lips angrily.

"So did you have anyone in mind or do you want to pay for the services our hospital offers?" She continued on speaking to him but I could tell he wasn't listening to her at all now as she shifted her attention over to me.

"I mean, it's completely up to him—"

"We can have a person come out to his house every day, his person of choice, of course—"

"—and we'll just need him to sign off on it and pay for those additional services along with his visit." She explained to me and I nodded my head, taking in all of the information as I looked over to Sin, wanting to know his thoughts.

Of course he didn't have any though, since he sat there a moment saying nothing at all. He then obviously began thinking about it because moments later he slowly turned his head to me.

He didn't say anything to me and he simply just looked at me with a mean mug but I knew what that mean. I'd been with him to long not to know so I finally just spoke up for him myself.

"I can be his caretaker." I volunteered and the nurses eyebrows shot up in shock.

"I'm actually in nursing school." I went on, instantly realizing I'd been missing so much class being here the past four days.