40.

Tamia Ford
2 hours later

Beep

Beep

Beep

I could hear the Holter monitor and all of the other machines going off as I opened my eyes slowly in this now extremely bright room.

It'd been all night here and they'd told me multiple times, over and over again it seemed, that I had indeed had a miscarriage. On top of the fact that Yasin was now dead.

Now life to me just didn't seem worth living at all.

I would forever feel guilty for all of this.

"Knock knock."

"Is it okay to come in?" A nurse spoke from behind the door as she knocked softly before entering.

"She's finally awake."

"How's it going, sweetie?" She then asked me, looking directly into my face and all of the pain that was in my stomach was now gone but the pain in my heart had immediately returned.

Yasin and our baby is gone.

It's all my fault. Was all I could think as tears rapidly began to fall from my face all over again.

"Oh no."

"Does anything hurt still?" She went on speaking concernedly as she watched me cry in sorrow and I nodded my head slowly, feeling so much pain in my heart right now.

"Where does it hurt, sweetie?" She went on asking but I stayed quiet, ignoring her question because there was nothing she could do for me anyway to void this pain that I was feeling.

There was no true way to heal a broken heart.

Before she could even say anything else, my mother and Ms. Davis came walking into my room, looking directly at me as tears streamed down my face.

"Hi, honey." My mom spoke empathetically as Ms. Davis did the same.

"Hi." I spoke with sniffles, wiping my face as I sat here in this hospital bed in distress.

"How are you feeling?" They then asked as I turned my face up, already tired of being asked that stupid ass question.

"Broken." I spat to them as they both looked at me sorrowfully before I couldn't take their gazes any longer and looked down at my hands instead.

"So she lost it?" My mom then went on asking the nurse and the nurse nodded her head slowly.

"I'm so sorry."

"Ms. Ford did have a miscarriage—"

"—and the fetus, which was the size of a raspberry by this time, had fallen out of her along with all of the blood she lost vaginally." She went on describing everything to my mother in detail, putting the icing on the cake.

As if I wasn't already completely broken.

I began crying my eyes out as I sat there with my head in my hands now while both my mom and Ms. Davis came over to me to hug me tightly. When they did, the nurse then left out of the room completely to give us privacy we so desperately needed right about now.

"Tamia, baby, I'm so sorry."

"I'm so so sorry." Ms. Davis went on saying, trying her hardest to comfort me as my mother did the same.

"It's going to be okay, Tamia."

"I promise you." My mother went on saying but I shook my head frantically, knowing that wasn't true at all.