𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

"I think it's time I head back. Those other three are probably talking shit behind my back by now." Donghyuck joked.

Nari nodded, watching Donghyuck turn to retreat back to Jaemin's room. "Donghyuck, wait."

The latter halted midstep, facing Nari again. He gave her a questioning look when she didn't talk. Nari smiled at him, confusing Donghyuck. "I'm really happy that we got to talk things out."

At her words, Donghyuck softly laughed. "Me too. I'm glad we're friends again, Violet."

"You're really never letting go of that nickname, huh?" Nari joked.

"Of course! That's how it all started. The girl with the purple hair." Donghyuck laughed.

"Even though I don't have purple hair anymore?" Nari asked.

Donghyuck pretended to think, slightly pouting. "Well, then it's our little secret."

Nari laughed just as Donghyuck sent her a wink, the two then going into their own directions. Nari made her way downstairs, following her original plan of getting some fresh air.

She was about to pass the kitchen, when she heard a loud crash. It sounded like glass shattering and Nari immediately rushed into the kitchen.

"Shit, shit, shit." Minju muttered under her breath as she tried to piece together the broken pieces of the glasses she had dropped.

"Minju?" The latter's head shot up at the mention of her name, eyes landing on Nari.

She wordlessly returned her attention back to the mess on the floor, muttering inaudible words under her breath. Nari saw the way Minju was struggling while looking like she was on the brink of tears.

"Let me help you." Nari stepped forward to lend a hand to the other, but Minju held out her hand, stopping Nari's actions.

The latter confusedly stared at Minju, who still did not meet her eyes. "I don't need help."

"Yes, you do. Just let me help you and I'll-"

"Don't you think you've done enough?!" Nari flinched at the sudden raise of Minju's voice.

Minju stood up from her position on the floor, finally looking at Nari. The girl gave her a perplexed look, clearly puzzled by the outburst. "What?"

"Can you just leave? God, you're so annoying." Minju continued, turning her back on Nari.

"I don't know what I did, Minju. I just wanted to help you."

Minju turned back to her, a look of disgust painted on her face. "You don't know what you did? And just when I thought you couldn't get more dumb."

Hurt flashed through Nari's eyes. Minju's words pained her, almost like constant hits to her body. "I'm sorry-"

"Stop talking, Nari! Why are you even in my house, huh? I never wanted you here. But you're always worming yourself into everything, like an entitled little brat." Minju spat, the girl boiling with anger at this point. She couldn't even keep it in anymore. She was a ticking time bomb, anyway. Just waiting to explode.

Nari gulped down her tears, taking deep breaths to keep herself composed. She tried to understand what Minju was feeling, but couldn't. "I'm not doing any of that. Chenle wanted-"

"Stop pretending like you're innocent. You forced yourself into our friend group. I used to like you, so I just allowed it. But then you started taking everything from me. You took Renjun and now you've successfully taken Chenle. Are you happy now, Nari? Are you happy now that everyone feels sorry for you? You're truly pathetic."

"What the fuck, Minju?" The new voice caught both their attention. Chenle stood at the entrance of the room. Jisung and Sua were right beside him, neither of the two very happy.

"Great! Do you see, Nari? Everyone is here at your rescue. Again." Minju knew well that she was stepping over lines that aren't meant to be crossed, but she didn't care. She was spiraling out of control and couldn't stop.

"How could you say that?" Sua spoke this time, the disappointment clear in her tone.

Minju scoffed, rolling her eyes at her own best friend. "What the hell is wrong with you?" Sua asked, bewildered by Minju's attitude. None of them were used to this behavior, but they definitely were not a fan of it at all.

"I don't recognize you right now. This is not my best friend." Chenle added. He walked over to Nari, gently taking the girl who had started to cry.

"You're doing it again." Minju whispered. "Choosing her again."

"You didn't give me much of a choice." Chenle replied, walking straight out of the kitchen with Sua following right behind Chenle and the tearful Nari.

Jisung stayed behind, silently eyeing Minju. She looked at him, her own eyes filled with tears. Jisung slowly shook his head in disappointment, this being the final action to absolutely break Minju.

She started crying on the spot, the girl covering her face as she sobbed. Jisung immediately turned away, almost bumping into Jaemin and Renjun. The older looked sad as he watched his sister. "I'm sorry to be the one to say this, but your sister's a real bitch."

Jaemin clenched his jaw as Jisung walked away. He immediately went to his sister, crouching beside her crying figure. "Min, you need to get up."

Minju shook her head, crying even harder than before. "I-I can't, I ruined everything. I can't do this anymore, Jaemin."

She finally removed her hands, staring at Jaemin with pure agony. Jaemin wanted to feel bad for her, he really did but it was best he didn't baby her. "Just... just get up for me, okay?"

She nodded, getting up from the floor with the help of Jaemin. Once she was steady on her feet, she spotted Renjun still standing at the entrance.

Minju wished she could wipe her memories so that she'll never have to remember the look on Renjun's face. It hurt her too much to look at him, especially because she knew how badly she messed up.

So, she just let him walk away.