♤~Shota Aizawa~♤

Requested by: Kamiko_1234

Some guy at school called me emo yesterday.

Also, Deku's like 5 in this, so it's obviously platonic
Hope you all enjoy!!

---------- ☆~°+*¤ | Adopted | ¤*+°~☆ ----------

In this world, there are two kinds of people. There are Humans, which live on land and breathe air... and Merhumans, often shortened to Mer, which are very similar to the old sailor's legends of mermaids and mermen. Many different races of Mer exist, like Shark Mer, Clownfish Mer, Eel Mer, basically if you can think of a fish, chances are there's a race of Merhumans that resemble that fish.

Normally, the two races leave each other alone... but as you know, some Humans can be very evil. There are some people who will kidnap Merhumans to keep as pets. Those Mer are referred to as tankies, and are often extremely agressive towards Humans, or absolutely dependant on Humans. When they're found and rescued, they're brought to rehabilitation facilities which are dedicated to nursing and curing Merhumans, and later returning them to the sea.

"HEY KIDS!!" The golden-blonde man screamed at the class of children in front of him. "YOU READY TO SEE SOME MERHUMANS?!"

The group of kids stayed quiet.

"Maybe you should be less loud, Hizashi." The black haired woman standing next to him suggested. She crouched down so that she was at eye-level with the children, and she smiled. "Good morning, kids, and welcome to the Musutafu Merhuman Rehabilitation Centre. You can call me Miss Kayama, and this man here is Mr. Yamada! Tell me, are you kids excited to meet some Merhumans?"

"W-wait, the children will be interacting with the Mer?!" The class' teacher asked in concern. "That's horribly dangerous! A-aren't tankies agressive towards Humans?!"

"Don't worry, ma'am. I promise you the children will be safe!" Yamada assured the teacher. "The only Merhumans the kids will be interacting with are the safe ones, the ones who will be released soon and the ones who are permanent residents here due to injury. The chances of a kid getting hurt are super low!"

"...if you say so..."

"Is anybody here interested in learning about Merhumans?" Kayama asked the group of children. A kid in the very back of the group nervously raised his hand. "Really? Only one? Alright, you with the green hair, what's your name?"

"I-Izuku... Midoriya..." He nervously whispered. "I-I really like Merhumans... I t-think they're really c-cool..." He softly smiled, looking at the ground.

"I really expected more of you to be excited..." Kayama whispered. "Well then, regardless, let's start the tour! Follow me, and don't wnader off. We don't want you getting lost now, do we?"

While the rest of the children had fun playing and interacting with the safe Merhumans, Izuku snuck away from the group to explore on his own.

He climbed a set of metal stairs, all the way up to the top of the large tank, and stared down into the water.

It was hard to see because of how dark the water was, but Izuku could just barely see a Merhuman, specifically a Betta Mer, swimming around in there like it would in the wild. He stared at the water in excitement, wishing he could see the Mer up close...

And then... he fell into the water.

As the children were busy playing, the group's teacher began to panic.