☆~Shouto Todoroki~☆

Requested by: Tsukishima_Kei6

---------- ☆~°+*¤ | Bad Dreams | ¤*+°~☆ ----------

You were watching a bad horror movie with your husband.

Even though it was very bad, you enjoyed watching it, if only to make fun of it.

"This is horrible." Shouto told you, watching the movie intently.

"Yeah, I know." You responded.

You and Shouto have been married for four years now. The two of you met in high school, you were a foreign exchange student, and he took a liking to you.

When you left for your home after graduating, Shouto came with you. The two of you got married shortly after that.
Now, you two live in a lovely mansion owned and paid for by Shouto's father. You're not sure how legal that is- having his father who lives in another county paying for your house- but you didn't really care.

You and Shouto have a four-year-old kid, Reita. His hair was white, with a few small stripes of (H/C). He had heterochromia like his father, one grey eye and one blue.

Reita's Quirk recently developed, which introduced you to a whole new world of problems.

You paused the movie as you heard the floorboards creaking behind you.

"Oh, Reita, what are you doing up this late?" You asked, turning your head to see your son in his pajamas, looking sad.

"...I had another nightmare..." He timidly said.

"Oh, I'll handle this-"

"No need, Shouto!" You intervened. "You remember how it went last time."

"You're right... I guess I'll just leave it to you." Shouto sighed.

The last time Shouto tried to help Reita with this problem, it... didn't end well.

You led Reita back upstairs, wndering what he could've dreamt about this time. He'd started having nightmares more frequently as of late, and according to him, most of them involved you in some way.

"So, what's wrong, Reita?" You asked him as he got into his bed. You sat down in a chair beside his bed and turned on a nightlight.

"You and daddy... y-you were arguing again." He sady told you. "You w-wanted to go outside... and you were screaming at him, a-and at me...!" The poor little boy began to cry.

"Oh, Reita, that would never happen!" You assured him. "I would never want to leave you or your father. Don't you know that?"

Your son was born shortly after your wedding, a horrible time in your life. You would often scream at your beloved husband in frustration and sadness. But that's all in the past now... you know Shouto loves you now, you know everything he does is for your sake.
You've shut out that part of your memory. Such a horrible time is not worth remembering...

You had thought Reita was too young to remember your outbursts at your husband... but it seems you were wrong.

"You know those are nothing more than bad dreams, right, Reita?" You asked him, receiving a sad nod. "Those dreams aren't real. I'm my happiest when I'm with you two! I wold never dream of leaving."

"I k-know..." Reita told you. "C-can I sleep w-with the light on tonight?"

"Of course you can."

As you walked away from your son's room, you began thinking about things.

Things you may have said in the past.

Things you regretted.

"I NEVER WANTED A CHILD, SHOUTO! I-I NEVER WANTED ANY OF THIS!"

You know that isn't true. You love your son, and your wedding was one of the best days of your life.

"I WISH I NEVER MET YOU!"

That can't be true either... Shouto is the love of your life, you can't imagine being with anyone else.

"I WANT YOU AND THAT HELLSPAWN OF A CHILD OUT OF MY LIFE."

...maybe you thought that before... but you know better by now. Shouto just wants the best for you.

"I HATE YOU! I HATE EVERYTHING ABOUT YOU! I WISH YOU WOULD JUST DIE! JUST DIE ALREADY, SHOUTO!!"

Did you... really say all those things to him...?

...

No.

There's no possible way you said any of that.

All of those...

They're just memories of nightmares you've had.

That has to be it.

Those are nothing but bad dreams.