♤~Denki Kaminari~♤

Here's just a nice, simple, wholesome, by-the-book coffee shop AU! I swear nothing bad will happen.

---------- ☆~°+*¤ | Coffee With Extra Caffeine | ¤*+°~☆ ----------

Denki sighed as he looked out the window from the counter he was standing behind.

"Guess I'm biking home in the rain today..." He said to himself, not looking forward to the wet ride home. "Slow day. I wonder if we'll get any customers at all...?"

Denki pulled out his phone. There wasn't much else to do.

For a while, he just mindlessly scrolled through social media. The rain's probably why no one's here today... makes sense. Who wants to get all sopping wet for a mediocre cup of coffee? It's honestly not worth it.

"At least it's better than getting that same mediocre coffee splashed in my face 'cause I got the order wrong..." Denki sighed. "God, it's soooo boring today..."

Then, Denki heard the bell that was attached to the door ring. He temporarily heard the rain pouring down outside, and then the door being slammed shut.

"Damn, it's really coming down out there..." Said the person who entered the coffee shop.

The person who entered was wearing a pair of ripped jeans, an unzipped black hooded sweater, a white shirt that portrayed a bunch of cute black cats in a broken human skull, and a backpack, all soaking wet. Denki put his phone back in his pocket, and smiled while waving at the person.

"Hi there! I can help you with your order!" He said, happy there was somebody other than him here.

"Oh. Didn't really notice you until you said that, sorry." The person pulled down the sweater's hood, revealing a damp mess of purple hair, as well as the person's face. Beautiful purple eyes, some piercings, and bags under his eyes. "A coffee shop, huh? And it's just me and the barista... and it looks like we're the same age... and it's raining outside..." He paused. "Nah, too cliche for me. I'll be going now, see ya."

"H-hey wait! Please don't! I'm so bored and have no one to talk to!" Denki pleaded. "It's fine if you don't order anything, just please talk to me for a bit..."

"Wow you sound desparate." The person said, walking towards the counter. "To be honest I'm pretty bored too... might be nice to talk to a stranger. Plus, I can wait out the rain in here."

"Thank you sir....." Denki said, slightly embarrassed.

"Well, if I'm here, I might as well order something." He said. "Could I have... two doughnuts? One's for my little sis. One double chocolate and one mint-chocolate dip, please."

"Coming right up, sir!" Denki replied. Luckily they make the doughnuts in advance, so the fact that he was the only one working wasn't a problem. "Hey, um... how, uh... how old are you...? You go to school here in town?" Denki asked, grabbing the doughnuts this person wanted. "Just trying to make conversation, that's all."

"Oh, yeah, I'm nineteen. And uh... about school, well..." He paused, and looked away. "I kinda... dropped out of college. So I... don't really... go to school anymore."

"Sounds nice..." Denki responded. "Y'know not having to worry about the stress of school? Wish I could have that." He handed the customer two paper bags. "Here are your doughnuts."

"...you know what? I might as well get some coffee too." The person shrugged. "Could you maybe find some way to put some extra caffeine in there? I really need that today."