𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

"Can you believe her?!" Chenle yelled. The boy was pacing up and down on the porch of Minju's house.

"Chenle, calm down." Nari spoke, still crying but relatively more calm.

"You're just okay with what happened? Nari, you can't be serious." Chenle retorted, raking his fingers through his hair.

Sua took a seat next to Nari, and Jisung occupied the other side. "Are you okay? I hope you're not believing her words."

"I'm okay but she was kind of right. I have only been causing trouble in your friendship." Nari softly spoke.

"You're not the problem, Nari. Minju didn't mean any of that." Jisung answered the girl, patting her head to flatten the strands that got messed up after all the crying.

Nari giggled, which made the other three smile. They didn't like it when the girl was sad, instead they preferred her cheerful self.

"Jealousy or not, Minju was still right. I mean look at us right now, you're with me when really you should be with Minju. She needs you more than anything right now."

Sua frowned at her words, "She doesn't deserve our love or support after what she said to you."

"But I'm okay. I'm not even mad at her at all; I understand her." Nari looked down at her hands beginning to play with her fingers. "She was just scared of losing you, there's nothing more to it. She's insecure and that's why I think you should give her the benefit of the doubt."

"Nari... Were you even hearing what she was saying?" Chenle asked, completely baffled.

"Loud and clear, Lele. That's why I'm asking you to not be too hard on her. Maybe think of talking things out with her, but give her some space first."

The three friends looked between each other, all sharing a knowing look. They knew Nari was right even if they didn't want her to be.

"Does this mean this is our last hangout?" Chenle asked, sadness dripping from his words.

Both Sua and Jisung were confused by what Chenle said, but Nari only laughed. "Of course it's not. We will always still be friends. I did make a promise, didn't I?" Chenle nodded, smiling brightly at the girl.

Someone suddenly cleared their throat behind the group, gaining their attention. Renjun awkwardly stood there, eyeing all of them. "Could I have a moment with Nari, please?"

Chenle, Sua and Jisung quickly excused themselves, Nari watching as they entered the house again. When it was only the two of them left, she flickered her eyes to Renjun. She realized he was already watching her and immediately broke the eye contact.

"Hey..." Renjun started, taking a seat beside her.

"Hi." Nari curtly replied, still refusing to look at him.

The two sat there for a few moments, neither knowing what to say to each other. Before Renjun finally spoke up, "Are you okay?"

Nari hummed, not in the mood to use words especially not with Renjun. He only nodded his head, looking at the side of her face. "Minju said some mean things and-"

"I already had this talk with the others. Can we not?" Nari finally spoke up.

"Yeah, of course."

After another uncomfortable silence, Nari sucked in a deep breath, turning to Renjun. "I was right, by the way."

Renjun looked at her, uncertain of what she meant. "Minju... She does like you afterall." Nari forced a quick smile, before it dropped again.

"Oh..." Renjun replied, "It doesn't really matter anymore."

"Why wouldn't it matter? You have your confirmation, so what are you waiting for?"

Renjun sighed, leaning back on his arms, head tossed back with his eyes shut. "I don't know."

Nari watched him, her body fully turned to him now. She was trying to figure out his thoughts, but it wasn't working. He just seemed so different to her now.

A tear rolled down her cheek, out of frustration and soon more started falling from her eyes. She faced away from him, hoping he doesn't notice. She didn't even try to comprehend why she was feeling like this; she just didn't want to cry anymore.

Renjun opened his eyes, looking over at Nari. He noticed the way she was suddenly quiet again and worriedly sat up. He heard a quiet sniffle come from her and he grew even more worried. "Nari?" He carefully asked.

The girl hummed, Renjun catching her attempt at hiding her tears. "Look at me real quick." Nari swiftly shook her head, swallowing to suppress a sob. "Please?"

Nari didn't have the strength to fight, so she just complied. However, she failed to meet his eyes but Renjun would still clearly see the tears that stained her cheeks.

"Talk to me, please. What's going on?" Renjun pleaded.

"It's nothing, I'm just tired." Nari tried to lie, but Renjun didn't buy it.

Renjun gently lifted her chin to get her to look at him. His eyes flickered between her own, noticing how they were still pooling with tears. He watched as they slowly started escaping her eyes, rolling down her cheeks.

The sight broke his heart– he never wanted to see her sad ever again. So, he leaned closer to her, eyes never leaving hers and pressed a kiss just under her eye right where another tear fell. Nari's eyes fluttered shut at the action, her body giving in under his touch.

Renjun's lips lingered for a moment, before repeating the action on her other cheek. When he pulled away Nari finally opened her eyes again. She didn't know Renjun's face would still be this close but the close proximity made her nervous.

She didn't know what it was but the way Renjun was looking at her at that very moment caused butterflies to erupt in her stomach. She waited for him to move or at least break the intense eye contact but he didn't. Only when his eyes flickered down to her lips, did her mind go completely blank.

He leaned in again, but this time down to her lips and Nari gulped. Her heart was beating so fast, she swore he could hear it.
Renjun's lips ghosted her own, not going any further. Nari waited for him to finally close the final distance but it never happened.

Renjun leaned back, sharply exhaling. "I'm sorry... but I can't make the same mistake two times. This time I'm going to do things right."

Nari looked at him, puzzled by his words. To her, he made no sense but he was already getting up."What?"

Renjun smiled at her, "You'll find out soon. I just hope you won't hate me until then." She still wanted to ask him what he meant but he had already left.

" She still wanted to ask him what he meant but he had already left