Drive-In Fight

One shot - What if Cobra Kai and Miyagi-Do fought at the baseball diamond?

The Cobra Kai students were hanging out at the drive-in movie theatre, courtesy of Kyler scoring them free tickets. Sitting in the backseat of Kyler's Jeep, Robby noticed that not everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves.
"Not into the movie?" He asked Tory who was staring out of the window completely unfocused.
"Oh, it's fine. I just.. had a shitty day." She replied looking at Robby.
"I'd ask, but it's none of my business." Robby quoted back Tory's snapping comment from earlier during the day, which she gave him a small smile for.

Robby was still subtly watching Tory, who was paying more attention to the movie now, when he noticed something through her window. "That piece of shit." He cursed angrily seeing Hawk and two Miyagi-Do students surround Kenny. As Robby quickly left the car, Tory whipped her head around to see what he was on about. Upon spying Hawk, Tory called "Hey guys, you ready to get some payback?"

"You betrayed Miyagi-Do. Traitor." Tory heard one of the little ones try to trash talk Robby. "Oh, there's a traitor here for sure. He's gonna get what he deserves." Tory warned Hawk as she and the rest of the Cobra Kais joined Robby and Kenny in the stand off.
"I don't think so." Sam objected as she, Miguel and the other Miyagi-Dos joined Hawk's side. "Not if I have anything to say about it, Princess." Sam spat Tory's nickname for her in her face as a warning that she would reveal Tory's latest job. Tory could've lunged at Sam for that threat but was interrupted by a high pitched voice "Hey, guys. Can you believe that they have Mr. Pibb and Dr. Pepper?" Everyone turned their heads to face Demetri before he realised they were in the middle of something "Oh shit. Not another rumble."
Demetri's ignorance had given Tory a minute to calm down before she broke her probation rules in a very public place and now only felt the need to verbally threaten Sam "Careful, LaRusso. Your mommy isn't here to play peacemaker."
"What's that supposed to mean?" Sam rebuffed like she didn't already know.
"Guys stop. Okay, we can't do this." Miguel reasoned "We'll beat 'em on the mat."
"Oh really?" Robby challenged. "You do remember what happened the last time we fought, right?"
"Okay." Miguel said wanting a rematch and a little bit of revenge. "Meet us at the baseball diamond in 30 minutes." He instructed before warning Tory personally "And no weapons."
"Yeah, we won't need 'em." She promised.
"Yeah." Miguel agreed before turning around and walking away. The Cobra Kais waited a couple of seconds longer before they turned their backs on their enemies. "Let's go." Robby moved Kenny along.

"Why in 30 minutes? Why not now?" Kyler asked when the group reached their cars again. "Probably want to do their stupid breathing exercises first." Tory snapped even angrier than she had been before. Everyone looked at Robby thinking he could shed some light on the situation. "It's a possibility but just remember they do that to get focused and help them in a fight so it's not a good thing for us."
"Ha! Please, if they were decent enough fighters they wouldn't need to do that in the first place." Tory criticised with Kyler nodding in agreement. Robby shook his head slightly knowing there was no getting through to her when she was this angry.

Meanwhile the Miyagi-Dos were having a similar discussion:
"Why 30 minutes?" Sam asked Miguel.
"That's when the sprinklers will go off. We're not going to fight them." Miguel explained.
"The hell we aren't!" Sam exclaimed. "If we don't strike back they're just going to keep coming after us."
"Fighting in the wet grass will make it more difficult for them." Hawk pointed out still wanting to fight Robby for what he did to Miguel.
"And us." Demetri argued.

Just before the 30 minute mark was up the Cobra Kais walked out in the baseball diamond looking around for where the Miyagi-Dos could pop out from. "You guys see anything?" Kyler asked once they'd reached the middle and still nothing. The field was empty and there was no one around to interrupt them - perfect for Robby and Tory's probation restrictions.
"They'll be here." Robby assured.
"They'd better be." Tory snapped.
Just then the floodlights on the field turned off in sections.
"What?" Kenny hissed before they were doused in cold water "Whoa!" Kyler shouted.