Heartfelt Shit

Post S5 finale - Keenry talk

/ /

The recently reunited couple had headed home to Tory's apartment and were getting ready for bed. Well, Robby was, Tory was a little hesitant. Robby noticed and asked "You okay? You not coming to bed?"
"Yeah I am. I just... uh... Promise you won't freak out?"
"What do you mean?"
Tory took off her top first showing the bruises on her back - they were mainly from the fight as she kept pivoting away from blows that she couldn't block due to her hand. Then, she removed her leggings revealing the marks from the bamboo cane Sensei Kim had hit her with. Robby felt like a blood vessel was about to pop in his head as he tried to refrain from shouting. "Tory..."
"Don't." She warned him not to start. "It's over. It's done."

Robby sighed accepting that she didn't want to discuss it, he just hoped when it wasn't so fresh that she would tell him the full story. He already knew that the 'training accident' story was bullshit. Everyone else knew it too, they were desperate for her to tell the police and paramedics outside the dojo hoping for more evidence against Silver but Tory hadn't budged. Similarly, to how Robby hadn't left her side since making up.

The couple lay in bed cuddled up to each other. Tory's broken hand rested on top of Robby's chest careful to avoid the big, round, purple bruise where Kenny hit him with the silver bullet. Even in the dark, Robby didn't miss the opportunity to just look at Tory - he had missed her so much. However, his eyes kept being drawn to the things that had changed about her since he'd last been this close to her, such as, the multiple injuries that adorned her body, and the way she curled up to him like a scared, hurt animal and clung onto him for dear life.

Tory could feel him watching her and she certainly felt the sigh he let out as she lay on top of him. She carefully moved her broken hand to reach for his lying at his side and gently nudged it until Robby got the idea and brought his hand up to rest on his torso while Tory laid her hand on top of his - the closest they could get to holding hands whilst her's was bandaged up.

"It's ok, Rob. It's over. It's all over. So just... forget about it. Silver's in jail. Kim's gone. Cobra Kai is done. I'm here with you, and Kenny will come around. Everything's fine now." She tried to soothe the thoughts she knew were flying around his head. Robby had to stop himself from correcting her on that last statement as he counted her injuries but he couldn't stop a scoff from escaping his lips. He could feel Tory raise an eyebrow against his chest, daring him to challenge her but Robby just got her back, he didn't want to argue again so he settled for just saying "Maybe so, but it's my fault it happened."
"No it's not." Tory immediately said. She hadn't told Robby the truth about what happened to her hand because she knew he would definitely blame himself.
"But I left you there. I didn't try that hard to get you out before I just gave up. I tried even less with Kenny. I shouldn't have given you that ultimatum - that was the dummest thing I've ever said. I actually thought I could scare you into leaving Cobra Kai with that." He almost laughed at the last part.
"You have no idea how close I was to saying yes." She admitted. "I really didn't see that coming."
"I'm sorry." He apologised again.
"I know. You're forgiven, by the way."
"Wow. That was easy. I thought you'd make me beg." He half-joked.
"I'm too tired for that and I missed you too much to push you away for longer. Plus, if I let you beg then you'd probably end up saying mushy things, and I already told you we're not doing that heartfelt shit, at least not tonight." He kissed her head "I missed you so much too, baby."
"Robby," Tory pushed herself up slightly "I want you to promise me that you don't blame yourself. It wasn't your fault. Swear to me. Swear to me that you won't blame yourself for anything Cobra Kai done."
"Things would have been different if I stayed though."
"Yeah, you would have been miserable." Tory retorted knowing how much Robby wanted and needed to leave Cobra Kai.
"More miserable than I was without you?" He challenged. Tory lifted her head of his chest to look up at him. "I missed you so much." Robby told her again.
"I missed you too.... I really needed you, Robby." She admitted.
"I know... I know that now. I'm sorry. I'm never leaving you again." He promised kissing her head.