Rivervalley

Riverdale AU - Keenry, Samdiaz, MoonxPiper

It was Miguel's first day at his new school, All Valley High and he was receiving a tour from a very pretty girl called Samantha 'Sam' LaRusso. She was soon joined by a friend of hers, Demetri who gave Miguel a quick rundown of the gossip in the school rather than it's professional and educational history. Miguel learned that All Valley High used to be known as West Valley High but had recently merged with the school on the south side of the city. The Southside of the Valley was a lot poorer than the West and had a lot of gang activity which had continued despite the move. Sam and Demetri told Miguel about their former friend, Robby Keene, who used to be a student here despite his father, Johnny, being the head of the gang, Cobra Kai - he was known as the King Cobra. Robby's mother had tried to keep him out of his father's life - not that she had much argument from Johnny on that (he was a bit of a deadbeat); however, she too, was from the wrong side of the tracks and had ended up in rehab, causing Robby to have to go live with his father and start attending South Valley High. It was there that he met some of the younger members of his father's gang and slowly started to become involved in some of their activities.

Miguel didn't think the rivalry was that bad, sure he had seen some kids with a cobra on the back of their leather jackets throughout the day, but at lunchtime he noticed the wide differences between the two groups - and he wasn't just talking about how they sat on opposite sides of the cafeteria.

Spotting Sam and Demetri he went over to them: "Hey guys you mind if I sit here?"
"Sure! But just so you know, you're ruining any chance you have at a cool bad boy rep by sitting here?" Demetri replied.
"I'm not interested in that. My mom and grandma moved here from Ecuador when my mom found out she was pregnant with me - she wanted better than a life in a gang for me." Miguel explained.
"That was really brave of them." Sam praised. "Besides joining a gang isn't a good thing." She added practically glaring over at Robby.
"Let it go girl, he made his choice." Yasmine said unimpressed. "But that's not the part you're really mad at is it?" Yasmine added slyly, noticing Sam's glare move from their former friend to the bronde haired girl sitting down next to him.
"I think it's cute. They found love amidst all that badness." Moon spoke up.
"No. He claims he loves her." Sam corrected "That bitch wouldn't know love if it slapped her in the face."
"Have you ever stopped to think maybe that's why they get on so well. Robby and Tory both have really similar backstories - Robby didn't receive a lot of love growing up, remember?" Moon rationally explained.
"She's still a psychotic bitch." Sam stated.
"Oh agreed. She scares me, although I do like what she's done with her hair recently." Yasmine spoke up. Everyone at the table rolled their eyes or shook their head laughing slightly at Yasmine's last comment, even Miguel who had a feeling a comment like that was a regular occurrence from Yasmine.

"Oh my god." They all heard Demetri say as he spotted someone familiar enter the cafeteria. "Eli?" He squawked at the sight of his oldest friend sporting a bright red Mohawk and a leather jacket. The boy in question spared them a glance as he walked past his usual table and headed for the other side of the cafeteria. However, Demetri scrambled after him "Eli? What happened to you?"
"Simple. I stopped being a pussy. Mr Lawrence and Mr Kreese told me they could make me strong like them."
"A gang member like them." Demetri corrected.
"So what? I don't wanna be the weak, geeky kid with the freaky lip all my life. I'm as badass as a hawk now." Eli said confidently.
"Is there a problem here?" A female voice with a slight edge to it spoke up from behind Demetri. "No, it's fine Tory. I was just introducing Demetri here to the fury of the Hawk." Eli 'Hawk' explained to the co-leader of the Gen Z Cobra Kais. Surprisingly, to Miguel, it wasn't the boyfriend he had heard so much about that backed up Tory but an Asian-American student also donning a black leather jacket. "Let it go Fairy Queen, your boy, Lip here is a Cobra now." Tory hit her friend in the chest for his old nickname for Hawk.
"Yeah, that's right. Eli's dead and I've risen from the ashes like a badass hawk."
"Hawks don't rise from ashes those are phoenixes." Demetri corrected.
"Not the way Mr. Lawerence tells it." Hawk defended before turning around and continuing on his path to the Cobra Kais table; closely followed by Tory and Kyler as the best friends smirked at each other.

"And there goes another one." Demetri commented dejectedly as he sat back down. Moon came round and hugged him still feeling rather stung herself from her now ex-girlfriend, Piper's, defection.

Meanwhile, at the Cobras' table Kyler asked them all if they wanted to go to the drive-in movie theatre tonight as his friend who works there, Rory, got them all free tickets to the old movie they were showing that night, Bloodsport.
"I know that movie." Robby spoke up "My dad once left a VHS tape of it at our house - for a while it was the only evidence I had that he existed."
"Sound good. I'll be there." Hawk said with Rickenberger nodding in agreement. Soon, all of the Cobras agreed except one. "Boss?" Kyler called making Tory snap her head up.
"What?"
"We going or what?"
"Yeah, go."
"You comin?"
Tory sighed refusing to look at Robby she ground out "Depends how late I have to work. My boss put me on the schedule for tonight."
"Which boss?" Robby questioned knowing Tory worked three jobs to take care of her little brother and pay her terminally ill mother's medical bills. She finally turned in her chair to look at him "Why does it matter? I'm working either way." Robby knew why she was being defensive about it and therefore what job it was but decided to humour her anyway "Cause I'll come get you after work so I need to know which one to go to."
"No, you'll be at the movie."
"I'll leave early or maybe I won't go at all."
"Oh don't be stupid Robby." She snapped.

"Do you want us to leave?" Kyler questioned over the warring couple but received no answer as they continued. "Yeah, I'm gonna go." He said standing up followed by the rest of the gang.

Robby and Tory continued discussing/arguing why she shouldn't work that job with the creepy boss anymore, and Robby's need to try and protect her for the last 5 minutes of lunch and on their walk to class. Just before Tory was about to walk through the classroom door Robby pulled her back by the wrist turning her around to peck her lips looking deep in her eyes to show that he wasn't actually mad at her. Tory returned the sentiment by caressing his face and nodding lightly with a tiny smile pulling at the one of the corners of her lips, knowing that he was just trying to look out for her the way no one had ever done for them before.

In the middle of the double period class, the teacher gave them a short break during which Tory leaned her head in her hand and nearly dozed off but was soon woken by Robby once the break was over. "You okay?" He mouthed taking a hold of her hand under the table. Tory nodded blinking up at him with tired eyes. "You wanna ditch after this?" He whispered and Tory nodded again.

Miguel was also in that class and took the opportunity who actually look at the couple without his new friends opinions. Unfortunately, for Sam, it looked like Moon was right, the troubled teens did actually love each other. Miguel wasn't that bothered by it as he already had a crush in his tour guide and hoped he could take her mind of her ex-friend and his new girlfriend.

A/n: I kinda wanted to write more of this one but haven't had an idea of how to continue it for ages so I thought I would publish it as is and maybe y'all would suggest something that you'd want to see. My idea was that the drive-in theatre in Cobra Kai was like the Twilight Drive-in in Riverdale.