The Meaning of Queen

Amid Tory's confusion over Cobra Kai after the tournament, the cobras try to overthrow Tory and she lets them know that she is still in charge.

/ /

"Why should we make any kind of deal with them?" Kyler spat after they came away from a pow wow with Miyagi-Fang. Tory had stayed pretty quiet during it and was unable to look Robby in the eyes, knowing she'd break down if she did. But that didn't mean she didn't still have opinions and rolled her eyes outburst.
"We've lost some of our original members, we can't shut them down, and the Sekai Teikai is coming up. Do you need more reasons?" Devon listed ever the smart one. She also missed her friends from Eagle Fang and kind of couldn't wait for this war to be over.  Tory remembered a time when she was the voice of reason against Kyler's ridiculous plans after the Miyagi-Fangs attacked them with the sprinklers, and barely hid the impressed look on her face at her protege.
"Why do they offer terms if they are so sure we can't beat them?" Piper asked, raising a good point.
"They're probably running out of bandages for all the injuries we gave them." Kyler laughed.
"Then we should let them bleed out." Kenny said full of rage and bloodlust. That concerned Tory and she raised her pointer finger about to make a point but the others continued to discuss it amongst themselves.
"Ah, then they will hate us even more." Devon reasoned before they descended into arguments.

Finally having enough, Tory stood up and interrupted them "I have something to say. I did not become the Queen Cobra because I aspired to be your leader. It came about because of other people's actions." She said glaring at Kyler who was the tipping point for Hawk leaving. "And I did not become Queen out of ambition, but once again, I had no choice, as a result of other people's actions. But nonetheless, I am Queen. Tory Nichols, Queen Cobra. That is my name. Queen Cobra!" Tory walked towards Kyler but asked Devon a question "What does a queen do, Devon?"
"She rules."
"Yes! Good! She rules. And as a ruler I... have the last say." She stage whispered the last part to Kenny who fancied himself the new King Cobra. "ME!" She screamed startling the poor boy still in disbelief at what he was willing to do to Robby, his former mentor.
"Not you!" Tory shouted at the last remaining original member, Edwin.
"Not you!" She shouted at the would-be-boy-king, Kenny
"Not you!" She shouted at the girl trying to take her Queen Cobra crown, Charlotte.
"And not you!!" She screamed at Kyler glaring at him as he was behind the latest failed blitz attack against Miyagi-Fang. "You have all had your ideas. And they have all FAILED." She looked towards Kyler again as he had the biggest failure, unsurprisingly. "I will not. Now, there's no more discussion. We shall meet the Miyagi-Fangs tomorrow." Tory announced finitely and Devon smirked impressed at her mentor.