Robby's 18th Birthday

Robby's birthday 4/2/2002
Set after the tournament/post-season 4 AU

/ /

Ever since the 2019 All Valley tournament Robby and Johnny had been trying to repair their relationship and now they had a new milestone to celebrate in their relationship - Robby's 18th birthday - and Johnny was desperately trying to make up for the last 17.

"I still can't believe you didn't tell any of us it was your birthday last year!" Tory exclaimed hitting Robby on the chest.
"Well, I'd only been in Cobra Kai for about a month!" He defended.
"Still. I'm sure Kyler would've loved an excuse to throw a party."
"Since when does he need an excuse?" Robby questioned as they rounded the corner into Johnny's apartment complex.

As Robby opened the door and flicked on the light switch a group of people jumped up yelling "Surprise!" And he certainly was. Everyone from Miyagi-Fang was there as well as his mom, the LaRussos and the Diazes. "So what'd you think?" His dad asked walking forward.
"Eh.. I.. You did this?" Robby questioned.
"Yeah. You like it?"
"Y-yeah." Robby said mostly telling truth. He was thrilled that his dad was finally making an effort but there was still a small part of him that thought this would have been better when he was younger.
"Great. Happy 18th Birthday Robby. I know I haven't been there for the majority of the last 17 but I'm here now and I'm gonna be here for the rest of them."
"Thanks Dad, that really means a lot." Robby said honestly. As Johnny walked away Robby turned to look back at Tory. "He made me." She immediately stated and Robby nodded believing her.

"Hey, just so you know. You might be 18 now and legally an adult, but you're still my child. So don't go doing adulty things like joining the military, or buying a gun, or playing the lottery, or getting married, or having a baby." Johnny told Robby during a quiet moment between them.
"Don't be ridiculous. We have to wait until Tory turns 18 to get married." Robby half-joked.
"Ohh, see that... Rob, you're scaring me.. because I believe you."

After the party was over Robby and Tory went back to her apartment.
"Did you enjoy your first birthday with your Dad?" Tory asked as she shut her bedroom door.
"Yeah, it was good, certainly different." Robby replied throwing his jacket on her chair and shutting the curtains and blinds.
"Good, I'm glad you enjoyed it. But the night's not over yet, which means it's still your birthday and I have one more present for you to unwrap."
"What's that?" Robby asks turning around.
"Me." Tory responds.

" Tory responds