Hostage

An AU rewrite of the season 5 finale based off a storyline from Emmerdale.

/ /

After Daniel had given Kreese the number of his very good lawyer they had made an appeal to the police regarding Kreese's innocence. Kreese explained to them that he already had help on the outside in trying to find proof that Silver had set him up.

The police approached Tory and asked her if she would be willing to help them in their investigation by talking Silver into a confession whilst they were watching and listening from a safe distance, promising her that he would not know they were there and she would be perfectly safe.

Tory had already pushed her friends and loved ones away during her and Kreese's scheme and was determined to see it through so that is wasn't all for nothing, therefore she happily agreed to help. However, as the Miyagi-Fangs and their allies done some digging of their own they began to discover that not all was well at Cobra Kai. The latest ally in the fight against Silver and Cobra Kai was Mike Barnes, who turns out had a personal connection to Tory. She wasn't exactly pleased to be reintroduced to her father or have him worm his way into her business but she didn't have much of a choice as the police needed parental consent for her participation and there was no way Tory could let her sick mom know about the dangerous events in her daughter's life. Mike didn't agree with Tory's decision but due to the numerous amounts of making up he had to do he let her have her way and signed the parental consent form. Mike just so happened to be a lawyer and managed to talk his way into watching the surveillance of Tory and Silver with the police.

One morning on her way to training Tory noticed a familiar car (thankfully not a painfully obvious one) the occupant had chosen to take his mom's car rather than his dad's but it was still a risk. Later in the day, Tory went to pay the occupant of the car a visit. Entering the apartment complex she found who she was looking for with his new brother.

"Hey, you okay?" Robby asked once he noticed who had entered.
"Yeah. Have you got a sec?" Tory asked. Things were still a little tense and awkward between them since their break up; sensing this Miguel stood up from the patio chair and went inside his apartment saying "He's all yours."
"I saw you outside. You need to stop. If I saw you, then he's gonna see you and he's gonna know something's up." Tory said sitting down and leaning close to Robby so that they could argue quietly. "Something is up." Robby argued. "I want you out of that dojo."
"Not until I have nailed him."
"And how long is that going to take, eh?"
"I've already got him to confess about bribing the ref."
"So why isn't he in the nick?"
"Because that was before the police got involved and it's not what their looking for. Listen to me, I can get this, I know I can." Robby shook his head thinking it was a terrible plan. Tory tried to look through the window's to Miguel and Johnny's apartments to make sure they weren't seen. "They want me to wear a wire, in case Silver tries to delete the dojo's security footage before they get to him."
"Oh my go-"
"Robby, I can do this. I just need your help."
"I thought you didn't need my kind of help."
"Well you'd have to restrain yourself from caving his head in." Tory said to which Robby scoffed. "Oh what? You want to see him go free, is that it? You want to watch Kreese go down for assault-"
"You know I don't want that-"
"Right, well then help me end it." Robby sighed before nodding asking "What do I have to do?"

/ /

The police had set up their surveillance room in a building across the street from the dojo and were going over the plan with Tory as they set her up with the wire.

"You can always change your mind." Detective Flanagan informed Tory.
"She's sure." Mike said having already tried to talk her out of it. "Let's get it over with."
"Right, I wanna try something new, get him talking quicker, Robby's gonna help."
"You'll get a better result if you stick to the same routine." His partner Detective Kennedy told Tory.
"Why don't you just hear her out?" Mike suggested. "Or do you want to go home to your Sergeant empty handed?"
"Go on then. I'm all ears." Detective Kennedy said sitting down willing to hear the girl out. Tory explained her plan to fake an argument with Robby in front of Silver as the two men had a history of distrusting and hating each other and she thought Silver would slip up when convincing her to believe him and stay at Cobra Kai, and to her surprise the detectives and officers agreed to it. "Okay, same drill for inside the dojo. If you get outside stay as close to him as possible - more than a couple of arms distance and all we'll get is your heavy breathing."
"Yeah, and we need to hear it. I've got it."
"If you do leave the dojo, remember the further away from us, the greater the risk. Don't deviate from what we agreed, if you do we might have to intervene before we've got enough evidence."
"And what happens when he confesses?" Mike asked.
"As soon as we're certain what we've got will stand up in court we'll move in to arrest."
"How long will that take?" Tory questioned.
"Seconds."
"What happens if she needs you before then?" Mike asked.
"I won't." Tory said surely. He rolled his eyes at his daughter and continued "How does she call you in?"
"Well, we can use a code word or phrase. Is there something you'd like to use?" Detective Flanagan asked.
"Well he, he thinks I'm ill, doesn't he? That was my excuse for leaving early yesterday. So I could say I feel sick."
"That's perfect."
"Right, you need any help you say that no matter what." Mike demanded.
"Yes, Dad. I know." She assured.