"You're Going To Be a Grandfather."

Saw something on tumblr the other day about how Johnny and Tory's only interactions will be him meeting her in Cobra Kai and her telling him that he's going to be a grandfather 😂 Genuinely made me howl. Went back to try and find it again today to screenshot it for this but couldn't find it again 🙁 I've had an idea in my head for a while, just a couple of lines of dialogue between Johnny and Robby that is kind of the same scenario. So I thought I'd make a very short one shot out of it. Realistically though, well as realistic as you can be when discussing a TV show and fictional characters, I highly doubt Tory and Robby would have a teenage pregnancy given their money issues and childhood/parental issues - I just feel like they would discuss it and be really careful, and talk about how they want to do so much better than what they had to deal with.

/ /

"I'm going to Tory's." Robby called as he grabbed his house keys and skateboard.
"Hang on. You've been going over there a lot lately and I just wanted to say... or ask... or warn you..."
"Dad." Robby pinched the bridge of his nose having a feeling where this was going.
"Just, you know.. I hope you've been using protection."
"Dad!" Robby shouted turning his head away in embarrassment.
"I'm just saying. You don't want to end up having an accidental pregnancy like-" Johnny cut himself off before he said something that would ruin the months of repairing his relationship with Robby but it was too late. Robby's face hardened as he figured out what Johnny was going to say "Like what? Like you and mom?"
"Robby, I didn't mean that. Especially not like that."
"Yeah. You did. Don't worry, I'd never be as dumb as you." Robby spat opening the door but he turned back around "And, even if an accident did happen... I would be there, every step of the way. I wouldn't sit in a diner across from the hospital soaking up the alcohol from a 3-day bender whilst my kid was being born." Robby said getting angrier with each word.
"Robby!" Johnny called as he ducked out the door slamming it behind him.

Robby arrived at Tory's and knocked the door loudly wanting to punch his anger out. Tory opened the door and before she had a chance to speak Robby stepped in and kissed her passionately. "Hi baby." He greeted. "What was that for?" She asked still getting her breath back.
"Just cause."
"Cause why?"
"Cause I love you, cause I missed you, cause I was mad and you calm me down."
"Why are you mad?"
"My dad said something stupid."
"Babe, he says something stupid most times he opens his mouth." Tory nearly laughed.
"I know but I think there was some truth behind it." Robby said dipping his head. Tory picked up on his sad tone and lifted his head back up to look at her. "Robby, what did he say?"
"It doesn't matter." Robby dismissed but Tory was still trying to decipher what had upset him by analysing his face. As Robby watched her try so hard to figure out what was wrong with him and make him feel better, he said.
"You know I love you right?"
"You have mentioned it once or twice."
"Well I'm saying it again. I love you."
"I believe you." Tory stated meaning it. They both took a very long time to accept that they were both capable and giving and receiving love having been screwed over so many times in their lives. "And I love you too."

The young couple spent the entire night showing each other just how much they loved them.

A few weeks later Robby was at karate practice at the Eagle Fang Warehouse when he noticed his favourite person in the world skulking in the shadows near the door. He ran up to Tory and hugged her "Hey, there's my girl."
"Hey." She squeezed him tight cherishing that hug.
"Practice is nearly over, where have you been?" For the past few days Tory had blown off practice and practically any excuse to see Robby. "Is everything cool?"
"Oh yeah everything's fine." She lied.
"Totally?" Robby asked not quite believing her.
"Totally." Tory confirmed.
"Robby!" They heard Johnny shout.
"Mm, got to go. Stay, please. I will see you after." He said kissing her cheek. Robby started to walk away but turned around to check Tory had indeed stayed and saw the most torn and worried expression on her face. He immediately ran back over to her "You okay?"
"Uh... You-you know we can talk about it later."
"No, no, just tell me."
"No, you have training."
"No, tell me."
"No, go bond with your dad and soon-to-be step-brother."
"No, I can't focus on anything else until you tell me what's wrong."
Tory sighed knowing there was no way Robby would drop it "Okay. Um... I'm pregnant." Robby didn't hear the rest of what she said as the shock blocked it out. He took a few steps back and that was enough to put him back into his father's line of sight and be dragged back to training. However, if Robby thought he couldn't focus when he didn't know what was wrong with Tory, there was no way he was focused now when he did know. As he caught Tory's eyes as she snuck out of the warehouse door he finally registered what she had said and ran after her leaving Johnny shouting after him.

"Tor! Tor! Tory! Hey, wait." He called skidding to a stop in front of her. "What are you doing?
"Robby! What are you doing? I'm not gonna let you suffer from this."
"You and me, we're in this together, okay?"
"But you're just getting your life back on track after juvie.
"That baby is my future. You're my future."
"That's crazy, Rob. No. I can't let you throw everything away. I won't let you throw everything away." She tried to keep walking but Robby stuck his arm out caging her against the wall and cut her off with a kiss which led to five more. "I love you."
"I love you too."
"Tory, you know I'll support you in whatever you decide to do but please, please just think about this. This is our baby, we made this out of our love. I love you. I want to marry you and have kids together - ideally that would have been in years to come but since when has life ever given us anything that we want."
"Your serious? How are you so calm?" She questioned him.
"I'm not calm but I am serious because that's what I want. What about you? What do you want to do? You obviously get more of a say than I do."
"I've never really thought about it before."
"Oh." Robby says disappointedly
"Until you." He looks back up at her.
"It's almost funny. I had the same thoughts as you." Tory sighed "I suppose I wouldn't be too terrible at it, I mean I've basically been parenting Brandon for the last 2 years. And you will be nothing like your father, or mine."
Robby nodded "I promise I'll never leave you or the baby."
"I promise I'll never leave too." Tory said having had her own experience of what it was like when your parents left willingly or unwillingly.
"So?" Robby asked.
"So... okay." She agreed. Robby burst into a grin, picked Tory up and spun her around "We're having a baby!"
"Now we just need to tell our families." Tory reminded him after he set her down.

A few days later after they had some more time to get their heads around it, Robby led Tory over to his dad's apartment.

"Dad, we have some news for you..." Robby started then became scared for his father's reaction. Ever impatient Johnny prompted him along "Yeah, what is it?" But Robby remained silent so Tory blurted out "You're going to be a grandfather."