Chapter 1: "Can I Buy You A Drink?"

Chifuyu Matsuno exited his local coffee shop with a caramel vanilla bean latte and a glazed donut in hand. The barista had flirted with him and even wrote their number on Chifuyu's drink. Chifuyu, however, was in no way interested. He pulled his phone out to check the time. 8:41 P.M. Chifuyu sighed as adjusted his tie and made his way to the train station, finishing his drink and donut and throwing the garbage in a can.

He was supposed to be meeting up with his best friend from middle school, Hanagaki Takemichi, to go to some kind of event. Chifuyu wasn't exactly aware of what this 'event' was or why Takemichi had practically begged him to go with him. Chifuyu felt bad so he agreed, though he doubted he'd actually enjoy whatever they had to offer at the event. Takemichi also made it clear to Chifuyu that the event was formal and he wouldn't be allowed into the venue if he wasn't dressed accordingly. Chifuyu didn't have loads of formal wear so he settled on the tux he'd worn to Takemichi and Hinata's wedding. Chifuyu paid the train fare and stood behind the yellow line as he waited for the next train to arrive.

It didn't take long for the next train to pull up. Chifuyu boarded the train and found a place to stand. Of all the passengers that were on the train, Chifuyu couldn't help but take notice of one in particular. A man with long black locks that slightly passed his shoulders and mesmerizing brown eyes had caught his attention. The man wore a suit, though his shirt was unbuttoned at the collar and he had no tie on. Chifuyu didn't notice he was staring until the train stopped. He quickly looked away and hurried off the train. He didn't expect the ravenette from the train to be going the same way as him though.

'Fuck, did he notice me staring? Now that I'm getting a closer look, he looks rather dangerous. Did I just get myself into some deep shit?' Chifuyu thought to himself, subconsciously speeding up his walking pace. He eventually reached the venue he was supposed to meet Takemichi at and there he was. Waiting outside, arms linked with Hinata's.

"Hey! Chifuyu, you actually came!" Takemichi waved Chifuyu over. Chifuyu hurried over to Takemichi and Hina. "Hey, guys. Did you leave Yuri at home?" Chifuyu asked as they entered the venue, showing the security guards their invites as they passed through the towering double doors. "Yeah, this is not exactly a kid-friendly event if you get what I'm saying." Takemichi motion outwards towards everything that was happening. People were drinking, fights going on, people dealing...some suspicious shit to say the least. Chifuyu nodded, understanding what Takemichi was saying.

"So why am I here then?" Chifuyu asked, gently blowing a stray lock of hair out of his face. "Because! We haven't hung out in a while so why not use this as an opportunity?" Takemichi grinned at Chifuyu. Chifuyu let out a sigh but nodded. "Let's go get a drink," Takemichi suggested and started walking towards the bar. "Aren't you a lightweight? I don't think Hina wants to drag your heavy ass home." Chifuyu joked. Takemichi stopped for a second and thought about what Chifuyu'd said. "I'll get a non-alcoholic drink." He shrugged and continued towards the bar. Chifuyu sighed and trailed behind Takemichi, he really didn't want to drink this early in the night. Maybe an hour later at least since he didn't plan on staying long.

"Hanagaki, I don't feel like drinking just yet. Let's enjoy the night first!" Hinata smiled at Takemichi and gave Chifuyu a thumbs up. She seemingly noticed Chifuyu's hesitant reaction to drinking. Chifuyu smiled and mouthed a quick 'thank you', receiving a 'no problem' from Hinata. "Ah! Alright, let's go over there then!" Takemichi pointed over to the center of the venue where people were dancing and talking. The color left Chifuyu's face. He absolutely hated crowds, and given the fact that he'd come here with Takemichi and Hina, they'd be the center of attention since they were well known in this area of Tokyo.

"Chifuyu, you good?" Takemichi asked, noticing Chifuyu's freaked-out expression and pale skin. Chifuyu cleared his throat and nodded. "I'll watch you guys dance from over there. You guys should enjoy your night out!" Chifuyu motioned over to a sofa nearby the dance floor. Takemichi nodded and Chifuyu sped off towards the sofa. He pulled his phone out as soon as he sat down and caught his breath. He sent a quick message to his roommate Kazutora. Kazutora sent a picture of himself with Peke J, a goofy smile spread across his face, causing Chifuyu to chuckle a bit. Sudden weight on the opposite side of the sofa caused Chifuyu to startle and almost drop his phone.