Chapter 37: "I'll be by your side whenever you need me."

A/N: yo i'm too tired to do bolding and italics so like, if you talk like me you'll totally understand 🤷🏽‍♀️ .

"I save his life for the umpteenth time and he has the audacity to get an attitude with me??" Chifuyu mumbled under his breath as he walked hurriedly through the ballroom. His Oxfords clacking against the marble floor of the room with each heavy step he took. "Ever since I started dating Keisuke he seemed distant, but why?" The blond mindlessly walked around as he racked his brain searching for answers. Nothing. "'Fuyu! What're you doing?" Baji ran to catch up with the younger male and grabbed his wrist, turning him around so they would be face to face. "You look upset. What happened? Is Kazutora okay," The ravenette drifted off as he watched the blond's face scrunch up when he mentioned the bi-colored haired man. "Alright then, looks like I struck a nerve. Wanna talk about it my love?" The older male offered, gesturing towards an empty seating area near them. "I'd rather not cause another scene today." Chifuyu hesitated while picking at the skin by his nail. "If you don't wanna that's perfectly fine, but let's just sit down. You look like you need to rest your eyes for a bit." Baji smiled gently and led his lover to the empty seats to relax and spend a bit of quiet together.

The two sat down together in silence and soon enough the older heard the blond's quiet, gentle snores. He'd drifted to sleep while leaning on the ravenette's shoulder. The older found this absolutely adorable and had to take a picture before hoisting him up on his back and going to find Mitsuya to tell him they were going to head out. The lavender haired was scolding Yuzuha and Hakkai for having a sibling squabble in the middle of a dance. "Ah, there's always an issue with this lot, huh?" Baji chuckled, gently shifting the sleeping blond on his back. "You're telling me. This is the sixth issue tonight, and I have the feeling I won't be going anywhere soon." Mitsuya sighed when he saw Nahoya and Ran arguing for the umpteenth time tonight. "Maybe those two shouldn't date. I mean it's a living hell with them merely flirting every now and then." Hakkai spoke up as if Mitsuya didn't just admonish him a whole forty seconds ago. "Silence Hakkai, everyone has different steps to a healthy relationship." The lavender haired shushed his husband and then winced when Nahoya literally bit Ran's arm when he tried to hug him.

"What the hell? We can't take those anywhere." Baji chuckled. Chifuyu whispered something unintelligible before turning his head the opposite way. "Well, good luck with those man-children. 'Fuyu over here is out for the night so we're gonna dip." The ravenette nodded slightly in the blond's direction. "He's probably tired from packing coming here right after. Get back to the hotel safe! And thanks for the luck, I'm gonna need it." Mitsuya waved before walking to his next issue that needed to be conquered. "Drive safe!" Hakkai and Yuzuha chorused before glaring at each other and squabbling again. Baji laughed and nodded before waving and making his way out of the venue and to the parking lot.

-

"Where am I?" Chifuyu asked as he sat up and rubbed his eyes. The sounds of birds singing and the sunlight shining through the blinds welcomed him as he awoke. His turquoise eyes searched the room in confusion and unfamiliarity and he patted the bed searching his new fiancé. Empty. Chifuyu frantically scrambled out of bed, now panicking. This wouldn't be the first time he awoke in an unfamiliar place, and the circumstances then weren't great in the least, but that was years ago when he was still involved in delinquents and such. Now, the worry that something terrible happened to Baji was eating away at him. "Keisuke? Keisuke!?" The blond rushed through the room and went through the first door he found. It was a...nursery? What the hell was a nursery doing here? This clearly wasn't his house nor Baji's yet here the ravenette was. Cradling a baby in his arms at that.