Chapter 1: We can never catch a break, can we?

Marinette POV

It's been 4 weeks, plus a day, ever since Chat Blanc and his group we defeated and sent to prison. Life returned back to normal for Paris. Apart from the occasional criminals in the night, not much has happened.

Or so I thought.

After class, rumours went around that Chat Blanc, Volpina and Silver Talon have escaped from prison and are now on the run.  Alya, Nino, Chloe, Zoe and I exchanged concerned looks. After class, we went to our lockers.

"Great, as if we need more problems." A voice sighed as I reached my locker. There was Isaac, AKA Crimson Web. His black and red hair remained recognisable as always. He still wore his dark green army jacket with a black t-shirt, grey jeans and black and red sneakers. His piolet goggles wrapped around his neck.

"You heard too?" I asked as I picked up my bag.

"Unfortunately. Well, Cassie did text me during History that one of her friends overheard it on the news. Geez, can't the bad guys just take a hint and stay in their cells?" Isaac grumbled as he picked up his Maths textbook. His ear cuffs glimmered brightly. 

"Did you hear that Damocles died in prison?" Alya asked.

"From a heart attack? Yeah." Isaac nodded.

Cassie hugged Isaac from behind and snuggled in his back. Isaac smiled, his cheeks red.

"Hey, guys. I take it that Isaac told you." She said. Her hair was still tied into a ponytail. She wore her black jacket with a grey t-shirt, dark blue jeans and black boots.

"Yeah. And now our ex friend and his scumbag of a lover are now waiting for the chance to strike." Nino groaned as he leaned on his locker.

"I think lover is an understatement. I think I prefer concubine." Cassie said. Isaac chuckled before he looked at Nino's stern face and stopped.

"Along with Silver Talon and Nathalie." I added.

We sighed sadly.

"We can never catch a break, can we?" Chloe asked.

"No, we can't." Zoe replied.