Chapter 15: Ladybug is dead?

Chloe POV

I tried to contact Marinette and the others a few times, but I couldn't get through. I asked if Marinette has returned. They said they didn't see her apart from when Marinette departed to save Cassie, Isaac's girlfriend.

I know Mari told me not to worry, but I can't help it. 

Suddenly, I saw a helicopter heading towards the Eiffel Tower. As it landed, the crowd surrounded it. Malik, Zoe, Alex, Kagami and I perched on the rooftops. We saw Adrien, Lila, Talon and a group of henchmen exit the helicopter.

"Your Ladybug is dead!" Adrien shouted triumphantly.

The crowd gasped and murmured among themselves. 

"Where's your proof!?" Marinette's mother shouted.

"Right here." Lila said as two helicopters displayed a large projection board. Adrien turned on the projector and inserted the CD inside the CD Player. The video showed our friends freeing Cassie, but were trapped inside. A countdown started. I couldn't make out the words but I could tell that they were desperate.

Afterwards, the countdown ended with an explosion. 

The crowd gasped. Some cried, including me, Marinette's mother and father and Juleka. Malik clenched his fists in anger. Kagami looked away.

"You killed her. You killed our daughter!" Mr Dupain-Cheng roared.

Adrien swiped his scythe at him. However, I blocked it with my spinning top. The others stood next to me.

"This is for Marinette, Adrinothing!" I roared, tears leaking from my eyes.

"Fine by me." Adrien replied with a sadistic smirk.