Chapter 10: Akuma squad's return

Cassie POV

Ever since last night, I've been feeling a lot better than before thanks to Isaac. While I still worry about my brother, I don't let it bring me down. After all, Andy hates it whenever I'm depressed. I've been attending my lessons, hanging out with my friends and going to the gym. Though, I still visit my brother to see how he is doing. And judging from his faint heartbeat, he still hasn't woken up from his coma.

During Art, we were making abstract paintings. As our Art teacher, Jean-Pierre Monlataing, explained the use of abstract, I felt my phone vibrate. I checked and saw Isaac's message.

Webmaster: You Ok?

I replied to his message.

Scorpion Queen: Yeah. Thanks to you. 😘

Webmaster: It's the least I can do. Amongst over things. 😉

Scorpion Queen: Stop! You're gonna make me blush. 😳

Webmaster: My bad.😅

Before I could reply, an arrow struck the sculpture in front of  Mr Monlataing. 

"What the-?" He gasped.

"Mr Monlataing! Watch out!" Isaac shouted and tackled our Art teacher onto the ground before another arrow struck him. Marinette picked up the arrow and inspected it.

"Dark Cupid's arrow. But that would mean-." She muttered.

"Dark Cupid's back? But isn't Kim still in prison. Or did he escape?" Nino asked.

"Doesn't matter! Everyone get to safety!" I shouted as we escorted our class out of the classroom. After we were alone, we switched to our alter egos and went to the roof.

"Where is he?" Chloe asked as she looked around. 

Suddenly, Luka appeared behind us in his Panther Noir attire. 

"I just saw my akuma alter ego Silencer pass by and steal civilians' voices. And I saw Mr Ruby with him." He said.

"As if we needed more problems. Where are they heading?" Isaac asked.

"To the The Louvre. No idea why." Luka replied.

"C'mon, let's go." Marinette said and made her way to the museum. We followed her.

Time Skip to The Louvre

After a few minutes of dashing across the rooftops, we finally arrived at The Louvre. There we saw Chat Blanc and his group of akumas. My hands shoke with anger until I felt Isaac's hand clutch onto mine.

"Aw! How sweet. I didn't know you were a bit of a softy, Crimson." Chat Blanc taunted as his akuma squad laughed.

"Go play with your ball of string, Chat Blanc." Isaac retorted.

"Oh real mature, Spider Punk." Dark Cupid replied.

"What do you want with us?" Luka asked.

"Oh nothing, just for everyone to watch as I destroy you." Adrien said with a sadistic smirk.

Marinette pulled out her yo-yo staff and pointed it at him.

"Not if we beat you first, Chat Blanc." She said with a scowl on her face. We nodded in agreement and entered our stance.

"Bring it." Lila said.

We darted towards each other and started fighting. I ducked under Mr Ruby's cane and kicked him in the jaw, lashed out my whip around his cane and pulled the top half off, breaking it. He disappeared with a vile curse. I ducked under Evillustrator's rockets and dropkicked him in the torso. 

Isaac backflipped over Animan and fired his webs at him, pining him down. As he destroyed his bracelet, an arrow struck the ground next to him. Isaac looked up and saw Dark Cupid.

"Tell me something, DC! Are you real or not!?" He called.

"What's that suppose to mean?" He replied.

"Let's find out." Isaac said and went to fight Dark Cupid.

After taking down the last akuma, I heard a painful grunt from Luka, who tumbled onto the ground, clutching his arm. As I inspected his wound, I saw white veins on his arm.

"Oh my God." I gasped.

"Like my new toy? I call it my Blanc Scythe. It won't kill but it hurts like hell. Until the victim can no longer feel pain." Chat Blanc said as he twirled his baton, which had a white curved blade on the top. Marinette clutched onto Luka, who was seething in pain.

"Sainte Merde." Nino gasped.

"What?" I asked, since I had trouble understanding French.

"Holy shit." Isaac replied.

"What he said." Alya added.

"Ok, I'll deal with the white cat." I said and lashed out my whip. 

"That's suicide!" Luka shouted, clutching his arm.

"Maybe, but that my choice to make." I said and advanced towards Chat Blanc.

"Cas, no!" Isaac called.

I looked back and smirked.

"Don't worry, I got this." I replied and faced Chat Blanc.

"While we fight, Akumas, finish them!" Chat Blanc shouted.

"We'll cover you, Cas." Isaac said and unsheathed his twin spider leg swords.

I nodded and prepared for the fight of my life.