𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄

Minju pulled the blanket tighter around her. Her body was shaking all over and she had no idea how to make it stop. She felt powerless as she sat there; first, she had no control over her life and now she couldn't even get her hand to do something as simple as grasp her cellphone.

Once she managed to finally turn on the screen, she flinched at the brightness of it. It's been a good two days since the last time she checked it and unsurprisingly, she had no notifications. Not even one simple message from either of her friends. It didn't even shock her at all, however she was hurt by the fact that everyone had given up on her already.

She falls onto her back, allowing the darkness of her room to engulf her as her mind is consumed with heavy thoughts. Why did she do what she did? Was that even herself saying those things? Will her friends ever be able to forgive her? Will she ever be able to forgive herself?

She sighed a heavy sigh. This has been going on for a good two days, like an endless rollercoaster. Minju refused to exit her room, nevermind attend school the previous day. Jaemin tried to talk to her on multiple occasions but couldn't enter the room since she locked the door.

She needs to pull herself together, she knew that. She knew she couldn't just hide in her house forever and feel sorry for herself. But at that moment that's all she wanted to do.

A knock came from her door. She glanced in the direction and sighs. Begrudgingly, she lifted herself off her bed and walked over to the door. "Min, can you please just eat at least?" Minju opened the door just as Jaemin went to knock again. "Oh, you opened this time."

Minju shrugged, retreating back into her room. Jaemin took this as an invitation and followed her inside. "It's so dark in here. Do you even know what time it is?" He waited a few seconds, but she didn't answer. "It's almost 2pm and it's time you get your ass out of this room. God, when was the last time you got fresh air?"

Jaemin gave his sister a stern look when she tried to protest. At her failed attempt, Minju turned on her side and wrapped the blanket around her again. "Minju, I'm not joking. You need to get up. I'm not explaining to Mom and Dad why you suffocated or starved yourself to death under my watch."

Silence fell over the two siblings. Jaemin bit his lower lip, thinking about a way to cheer his sister up. No matter how wrong she was, she was ultimately still his first priority. "How about a coffee date? Just the two of us. What do you say?" Jaemin suggested, hoping the mention of their favourite beverage would spark her interest.

The room was still silent, until Jaemin heard a faint sob. His heart dropped instantaneously. He reached forward, trying to pry the heavy blanket off Minju so that he could see her properly. "Min?" He called out, but only heard a slight whimper from the girl. "I can't help you if you don't talk to me. Can you please just talk to me?"

"Do you hate me too?" Her voice was strained, probably the result of crying for two days straight. This is probably also the first time she's used her voice since her outburst.

Jaemin stared at her, shocked by the suddenness of her question. "Why would you think that?" He carefully asked.

"I don't know... Everyone already does, so it wouldn't surprise me." She wiped some of her tears away, only for her cheeks to be stained again less than 5 seconds after.

"You sound ridiculous right now, Minju. If I hated you, I would not be here right now trying to take care of you."

Minju sighed, "I know..."

"Good. Now can you please tell me what's going on with you? What happened the other day was not you, we all know it. So, please just explain to me why in the world you would even think about saying any of those things to Nari?" Minju knew this question was going to come sooner or later and truthfully she had no idea how to answer it.