Chapter 4: We Have All The Time In The World

December 28, 2017

Sana goes to visit Momo the day before her birthday. Sana's birthday plans are to get a private hotel room just for herself and Mina instead of throwing a gathering like her friends have previously done. Since she would not see Momo tomorrow, Sana wanted to have a chat with her fellow omega before the big day. Also Momo has been feeling unwell since reaching Maturity. The group thinks her body is not adapting to the omega hormones unfortunately.

Sana knocks and greets Momo warmly when Momo opens the door. Indeed Momo is not looking too well. Sana gently hugs her friend who looks shaky and weak.

"How are you feeling?" Sana asks. She enters the apartment and closes the door.

Momo sighs and sits down carefully. She explains that the doctor has increased her suppressant medication but it doesn't seem to be helping. Her hormones have been out of balance since transition. While Momo talks Sana goes to the kitchen to fetch them both cold glasses of ice tea as Momo looks like she could use a rest.

"This sounds like a dangerous situation," Sana says with concern. "Is there a risk to your health?"

Momo sighs again. "No real health risks. Mostly my body is just always hot and tired. And um...... I'm just horny. Like all the time."

"R-really?" Sana asks incredulously. "That sounds miserable!"

"Tell me about it," Momo laughs weekly. "The doctor says it's not uncommon for this to happen to some new omegas. The symptoms may go away with time."

"Is there nothing they can do to help you until then?" Sana wondered.

"Well... The doctor said sleeping with an alpha would likely help--" Sana chokes on her drink in surprise. "--but I'm not gonna do that obviously. So we are experimenting with my hormone suppressants for now."

"Ugh this sounds terrible Momo. I'm so sorry," Sana said. It makes Sana worry for herself too since she would be Maturing into an omega tomorrow too. "This is so worrisome because actually... I'm going to be an omega too."

Momo looks at her in surprise. "Oh wow. So you did take the test? I would've thought alpha for sure. And Mina?"

"Alpha."

"That's great then!" Momo replied. "Congrats!"

Sana smiled at Momo's reaction but then looked anxious again. "But being omega sound miserable! Mina won't become an alpha until March! What will I do if I become like you too?"

Momo waves a hand nonchalantly. She picks up her cold glass of ice tea and drags it across her chest to try to cool down. "It's bearable. Honestly it's not like I'm about to jump into the pants of the first alpha I see. It's just a little annoying because I'm often thinking about it," Momo laughs.

Sana asks hesitantly since it's still a sore subject. "Have you tried to ask Jeongyeon to help you? Would sleeping with a beta alleviate the symptoms?"

Sana can see the sadness cross Momo's face. "Jeongyeon would come to me if I told her I needed help." Momo says softly. "But it makes me more determined not to ask her. I want her to come back to me because she WANTS me. Not because I need help."

Sana thinks that maybe the two reasons are not mutually exclusive, but the topic feels too sensitive to discuss further. With even more hesitation though Sana asks another question. "Have you thought about asking er... Maybe asking Nayeon to alleviate your problem...?"

There are times in Sana's life where she plays with fire. This is one of those times. Momo looks up sharply at Sana. It was probably best if Sana did not try to shake things up between her friends when it wasn't her business. But sometimes Sana feels sorry for Nayeon who is too kind to reach for the things she wants if it means hurting someone else.