Chapter 18: We Could Be Happy If You Stopped Running

March 1, 2018

Jeongyeon really hated thinking about stressful things. If she stopped to think about what was bothering her, Jeongyeon knew she would shatter into a million pieces and cry. It was so much easier to just not think about the bad things. To ignore them. To pretend like they didn't exist. It was so much easier to run away.

Running was something that Jeongyeon was good at. She had been running for a long time now. The first time Jeongyeon ran away from something big was back when she was fourteen and Nayeon kissed her for the first time. That had been shocking. Stressful. Totally unexpected. But not altogether unwelcomed. Jeongyeon didn't know what to do. Nayeon was her best friend at the time--and still was. Jeongyeon had relied on Nayeon for nearly half her life at that point. She didn't know how to start looking at Nayeon as more than a friend, didn't know what she would do if things got screwed up between them and Nayeon became anything less. So Jeongyeon ran. She ignored the kiss. Ignored Nayeon's feelings for her. Ignored her own feelings for Nayeon. Jeongyeon simply just ran.

Conveniently, Momo came into their lives at around the same time. It was easy to run from Nayeon when there was a new person in Jeongyeon's life to focus on. Where Jeongyeon was the person who Nayeon had to take care of, Momo became a person who Jeongyeon had to take care of. The two of them took care of Momo together actually, Jeongyeon and Nayeon both. The three of them became super close friends even as Jeongyeon continued to run away from Nayeon's feelings.

Then the day came where Momo confessed to Jeongyeon and somehow, even though Jeongyeon had spent so much time running from Nayeon, it didn't feel like Jeongyeon needed to run from Momo's feelings. It didn't feel as scary to fall in love with Momo, to open up her heart and just RELAX for a change. Jeongyeon was definitely in love with Momo, a feeling that grew deeper with each passing day. Only... The happiness didn't last. Or more like the happiness with Momo was an illusion. It happened more than a year into their relationship, the day where Jeongyeon finally noticed the way that Nayeon looked at Momo when they thought Jeongyeon wasn't watching. The way Momo looked back at Nayeon...

Jeongyeon tried to ignore it, tried to run away from that realization too, tried to hold on to happiness with Momo while it lasted. The maturation prediction results had been the end of everything though. Jeongyeon: beta. Momo: omega. It was the universe's way of telling Jeongyeon many things all at once. Jeongyeon wasn't meant to be with Momo. She wasn't even meant to be with Nayeon. And the most painful realization of all: Nayeon and Momo were meant to be with each other.

Jeongyeon ran from Momo, from a nearly two year long relationship. Nayeon was there to help Jeongyeon pick up the pieces after the breakup, but really Jeongyeon was still running from Nayeon and the kiss from when they were fourteen years old too. Jeongyeon was running from everything. She never should've stopped. Never should've let her guard down and climbed into bed with them while Momo was at the peak of her heat and Nayeon was knotting her and they were both begging for Jeongyeon to stay. God, what a fucking mistake. Jeongyeon never should've stopped running.

Three weeks after the deed and Jeongyeon's mind was still racing with memories from that night. She couldn't forget about what happened because Nayeon and Momo were calling and texting her almost non-stop since that fateful night. Jeongyeon didn't blame them for trying so hard to reach her. It made her happy that Nayeon and Momo were thinking so much about her, but Jeongyeon didn't wanna stop and think about the consequences of joining them in bed.

It was after work and Jeongyeon was returning to her apartment for the night. The only thought on Jeongyeon's mind was how she was going to heat up some food and drink away her worries with a half dozen beers. Nothing else mattered aside from silencing the buzzing in her brain. Jeongyeon unlocked her apartment door and stepped inside. She wasn't alone though. Momo was sitting on the sofa, comfortably watching as Jeongyeon entered the apartment. Jeongyeon on the other hand nearly had a heart attack when she saw Momo looking back at her.

The End of Everything [Misana | 2na | Mina x Sana]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें