Chapter 19: There's Absolutely Nothing To Talk About

March 3, 2018

"I call the first meeting of our friend group in 2018 to order!" Jihyo announced importantly as she looked around the coffee shop at her friends who were sitting nearby. Mina sat on one side of Jihyo on a sofa while Momo sat on the other side. Nayeon and Jeongyeon were seated comfortably at a small table right next to the sofa on Momo's side, and Sana was perched in an armchair on Mina's side. Jihyo stood up and clapped her hands once to officially signal the start of the meeting and Sana cheered her on enthusiastically.

"Hear hear!"

"Since when did our get togethers become so formal?" Momo wondered as she looked up at Jihyo.

"After it became impossible to drag all our asses into the same room at once!" Jihyo declared in a very leader-like tone. "It's been over four months people! Also the readers haven't seen a scene with all six of us together since this fic started even though we're supposed to be a friend group, so the author thought this chapter was way overdue. Next question!"

Nayeon raised her hand. "Couldn't we have waited until Mina's birthday in a few weeks for everyone to meet up?"

Jihyo pointed at Nayeon. "Mina's becoming an alpha and Momo's an omega, so Momo wouldn't be allowed at the party anyway. Next stupid question!"

Nayeon stuck her tongue out on Jihyo while Sana laughed. Mina gently tugged on Jihyo's sleeve and coaxed her to sit down. "Come relax with us. You seem a little tense Jihyo-ya."

Jeongyeon laughed under her breath. "Maybe she needs to get laid."

"Maybe YOU need to get laid!" Jihyo shot back.

"I AM getting laid!" Jeongyeon retorted as she jumped to her feet.

Jihyo stood back up to meet her. "Well I am TOO!"

Momo glanced around the room with wide eyes while enjoying the bowl of popcorn on her lap. Mina's eyes also darted back and forth between Jihyo and Jeongyeon, who both looked suspiciously at each other. Mina was also a bit suspicious. Since when was Jihyo seeing anyone? And as for Jeongyeon, Mina hadn't heard anything about Jeongyeon getting laid except for the Najeongmo threesome that happened almost a month ago before Valentine's day. It looked like her friends had a lot of stories to tell today.

"Uh... so clearly we've all had some interesting stuff happen to us recently..." Mina said with a nervous smile. She waved her hand at Jeongyeon to sit back down while also gently pulling down Jihyo onto the sofa. "Anyone wanna share their news first?"

Sana raised her hand solemnly and all eyes turned to her. "I am also getting laid," Sana confessed seriously.

Mina reached over and slapped Sana's hand down furiously. "Not tonight if you keep this up," Mina warned as everyone else laughed. It was the perfect ice breaker. Everyone smiled and even Mina couldn't help but smile.

"Tell 'em, Jeong-ah," Nayeon whispered, poking Jeongyeon in the side. Momo leaned over to poke Jeongyeon too while Sana, Jihyo, and Mina watched them with fond smiles. The announcement couldn't have been any more obvious with how happily they were teasing each other right now. The vibe between Nayeon, Jeongyeon, and Momo had been fairly chaotic for quite a while, even since before Jeongyeon and Momo broke up. Mina, who joined this friend group last, had never actually seen the three of them behaving so playfully before.

"Out with it!" Sana shouted at them with mild exasperation, but Mina sensed that Sana was quite happy to see her friends getting along at last.

"Fine!" Jeongyeon announced, standing up again as Nayeon and Momo cheered at having successfully forced their girlfriend to make the announcement. "Nayeon, Momo, and I are finally dating. Happy?" she asked the group sarcastically.