Chapter 20: the kiss

۞

꧁꧂

꧁꧂

𝙒𝙖𝙠𝙖𝙣𝙙𝙖

I was laughing with Sam as he piloted the quin jet when Steve came up to us. "Captain." I nodded to him. "Drop to 2600, heading 0-3-0." I chewed the inside of my cheek in hopes that I would be able to see Buck. Steve was normally the one to drop me in Wakanda, or if the others were on board I would teleport as close as possible. Neither me or Steve wanted more people to know about Bucky and his whereabouts. "I hope you're right about this or we're gonna land a lot faster than you want to."

"Just fly the jet, bird man." I chuckled to the Falcon. "Shut it, wicked witch." I laughed back and pass the two men, aiming my way to the end of the jet. I nodded to Vision and Wanda on my way past. I haven't apologised to my sister yet, but we have been too caught up in this fight. I opened the cupboard door, adding a set of throwing knives into my belt and Natasha's SHIELD make of widow bites to my wrists.

I glanced back out the window, seeing the city of Wakanda ahead. It wasn't long until the quinjet got closer and slowly lowered itself down.

The doorway opened, T'challa stood in front with the Dora Milaje behind. Nat and Steve walked out first, followed by Sam. I was standing in between Rhodes and Bruce. "Should we bow?" Bruce lent over to us in a whisper. "Yeah, he's a king." I bit my lip to hold in a laugh and walked closer in front to Sam's side.

"Seems like I'm always thanking you for something." Steve spoke, shaking hands with the king. Bruce cleared his throat, bowing to T'challa. "What are you doing?" Rhodes asked. Bruce looked to me then Rhodey with a confused glare, but it only made it harder to keep in a laugh. Me and Rhodes shared a smile at each other, enjoying this.

"Uh, we don't do that here."

"So how big of an assault should we expect?" We all started to walk closer to the building. "Uh, sir, I think you should expect quite a big assault." Banner stumbled out. "How we looking?"

"You will have my Kingsguard, the Border Tribe, the Dora Milaje, and..." He trailed off when seeing a figure approach. "And a semi-stable 100 year old man." A smile lit up my face seeing him. Steve stepped forward first, indulging his best friend in a hug. "How you been, Buck?"

"Uh, not bad for the end of the world." Bucky looked scanned over the group, stopping when his eyes locked on to me. "Hey Doll." My smile grew bigger and I ran up to him, jumping up to wrap my legs around his waist as I hugged him. "Missed me then?" I hummed back in response with my face in the crock of his neck.

Reluctantly I jumped down, hissing as the strap of my corset Suit rubbed against the gash. Bucky had a confused look on his face, but couldn't say anything as the king spoke. "This way." We all followed him.

I was walking inside when Bucky pulled me aside. I looked up at him to see a concern expression on his face. "You're hurt." I tilted my head up at him and side smiled. "I'm fine. Nat stitched me up in the jet." His right hand went to my cheek and he looked into my eyes.

"That doesn't matter, Annie. You promised me you would be safe if I'm not there." my smile turned into a playful one at my next playful words. "Would it make you feel better if I said that the second I saw you all the pain went away." all of his concern disappeared and was replaced with a loving look.

"Before we go, I need to do this encase we don't make it." He spoke softly and my face turned into a sad expression, but everything paused when I felt soft lips pressed against mine. I instantly reached up on my tip toes as my hands went to the back of his neck and his metal arm went to my waist.

"Huh. Huh!" A cough interrupted us, making us quickly pull away from each other. I chuckled, looking down, my hand going to my lips, still in a daze over what happened, while Bucky looked at the person with an annoyed expression that only intensified when he saw it was Sam.

"Cap needs you." He pointed in the direction of the door. I glanced to my left, making eye contact with Bucky. "Coming." I answered back to Sam and smiled to Bucky, pushing myself up on my tiptoes to press a soft kiss to his cheek. "See you in a minute, Sargent." I winked back as I walked away.